Stainless Steel Forgings Market: Overview
- Stainless steel is an alloy of iron that contains a minimum of 10.5% chromium. Various grades of stainless steel are commonly used to manufacturing components using the forging manufacturing process, as it enhances the existing qualities of stainless steel.
- The forging process also improves the strength and corrosion resistance of stainless steel, enabling it to outlast and withstand extreme environments. Forging can also impart a higher strength to weight ratio. Forging improves the mechanical properties of stainless steel.
Cold/hot forged products segment to lead the market
- Cold/hot forged products dominated the global stainless steel forgings market. The castings segment is anticipated to expand at rapid pace during the forecast period. Sintered products possess properties such as electrical conductivity, translucency, and thermal conductivity.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Stainless Steel Forgings Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key drivers of stainless steel forgings market
- High recyclability offered by stainless steel is likely to drive the stainless steel forgings market. Increasing demand of the stainless steel forgings in industrial and aviation sectors is offering significant opportunity to stainless steel forging manufacturers.
- Demand for stainless steel forgings is increasing in the industrial segment due to its strength and resistance to wear and tear. The automotive segment is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to the rising demand for lightweight forged products with enhanced wear and tear resistance.
- Stainless steel forgings are widely utilized in the aviation sector to manufacture bulkheads, wing roots, spars, hinges, engine mounts, brackets, beams, shafts, landing gear cylinders and struts, wheels, brake carriers, discs, and arresting hooks.
- Rising demand for lightweight forged products, developing automotive manufacturing activities, growing demand for commissioned products, and enhancing the use of stainless steel in various end use application is likely to drive the global stainless steel forgings market during the forecast period.
- Expansion of the construction industry, increasing regime expenditure, and advanced features such as excellent inherent forge ability, higher ductility, cryogenic toughness, lower maintenance, and heat resistance are major factors that are anticipated to propel the global market for the stainless steel forgings.
- Stainless steel forgings market is anticipated to expand during the forecast period due to favorable properties of stainless steel forgings such as high strength, reliability, wear & tear resistance, product versatility, economy viability, and high corrosion resistance.
Volatility in prices of raw materials is likely to hamper market
- Aluminum and plastic forgings are expected to pose a major threat to the stainless steel forgings market during the forecast period. Volatility in the prices of raw materials, such as nickel and iron ore, is expected to restrain the stainless steel forgings market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Stainless Steel Forgings Market here
Asia Pacific expected to hold large share of the global stainless steel forgings market
- Asia Pacific was a leading market globally. Countries such as Japan, China, and India are expected to drive the demand in Asia Pacific due to rise in manufacturing activities in these countries.
- Expansion of the automotive industry in developing countries, such as China and India, in Asia Pacific, increasing foreign investment, and a rise in number of construction projects are projected to boost the stainless steel forgings market in the region during the forecast period.
- Increase in vehicle productions, improved driving experience in terms of smooth gear shifting & progress in acceleration, and enhancement in the installation of automated parts in the automobile is likely to drive the stainless steel forgings market
- Rising demand from the automotive and aerospace industries in North America is likely to drive the stainless steel forgings market in the region.
- Rapid expansion of the aerospace manufacturing industry, rising demand for defense aircraft, high consumption of forgings, and the presence of key manufacturers in North America are driving the stainless steel forgings market in the region.
- Rising number of manufacturing industries in Europe is expected to drive the stainless steel forgings market in the region. Countries such as Germany, U.K., and France witness high demand for stainless steel forgings due to the presence of major manufacturers in these countries.
- Germany accounted for a major share of the total number of forged components manufactured in Europe, followed by the U.K., due to increasing sales of automobiles, coupled with rising R&D investments by auto component manufacturers in the country.
Key players operating in the market
The stainless steel forgings market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share of the global market. Key players operating in the stainless steel forgings market include
- Harihar Alloys Private Limited
- Sintex a/s
- Investacast Limited
- FORGE Products Corp.
- Scot Forge
- Canada Forgings
Global Stainless Steel Forgings Market: Research Scope
Global Stainless Steel Forgings Market, by Product
- Cold/hot forged products
- Sintered parts
Global Stainless Steel Forgings Market, by Application
- Building & construction
- Consumer goods
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.