Stabilometric Platform: Useful tool for balance assessment of human body
- Stabilometric platform is a device for measurement of human body movement for balance assessment. This assessment is done on the principle of force measuring method and quantifies the center of pressure.
- Correct balance of human body is important for standing and movement. High blood pressure could affect this balance system by affecting central nervous system.
- High blood pressure and other neurological conditions impair balance of human body. Stabilometric platform assesses this imbalance and also trains orthopedic & neurological patients to improve balance.
- The device is useful in conditions such as stroke, head injuries, muscle dysfunction, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and recovery after fractures. It stimulates musculoskeletal and nervous systems of patients to help control balance.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Stabilometric Platform Market
- Rise in the number of orthopedic and traumatic surgeries is a major driver of the global stabilometric platform market, as the platform is useful in evaluating post-surgical imbalance
- According to data obtained from the Royal College of Surgeons of England, around 1.2 million trauma and orthopedic surgical procedures were performed in England in 2013–2014
- Moreover, increase in neurological disorders, muscle dysfunction, and rise in demand for sports rehabilitation after injuries are the other factors fueling the growth of the global stabilometric platform market
- Increase in the geriatric population with mobility problems and impairment of body control system due to high blood pressure and other related conditions also propel the global stabilometric platform market
Get a Glimpse of the In-depth Analysis through our Stabilometric Platform Market Report Brochure
High Cost of Device to Hamper Market
- High cost of stabilometric platform along with costly software and technology is anticipated to hamper the growth of global stabilometric platform market
- Bulky product structure of the device is a major challenge in transportation. This factor is expected to restrain the global stabilometric platform market.
Dynamic Testing to Witness High Demand
- Based on testing type, the global stabilometric platform market can be bifurcated into static testing and dynamic testing
- The dynamic testing segment is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period owing to better falls risk screening & conditioning program for older adults and better results for weight-bearing assessment.
Rehabilitation Centers to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global stabilometric platform market can be divided into hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centers, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global stabilometric platform market in 2018 owing to increase in the number of surgeries and rise in number of admissions for mobility problems & trauma cases in hospitals
- Rehabilitation centers is likely to be a highly lucrative segment of the global stabilometric platform market during the forecast period. Increase in the geriatric population with mobility problems, rise in the number of admissions in rehabilitation centers, and better training solutions offered by these facilities for body balance problems are the major factors boosting the growth of the rehabilitation centers segment.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Stabilometric Platform Market Report
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global stabilometric platform market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America dominated the global stabilometric platform market in 2018 owing to increase in the geriatric population, rise in prevalence of neurological diseases, and higher adoption rate of technologically advanced products
- According to the Parkinson’s Foundation, around 60,000 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease every year and an estimated one million people will be living with the disease in the country by 2020
- The stabilometric platform market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. Higher number of hypertension cases, increase the geriatric population, and rise in awareness about advanced medical devices are the factors accelerating the growth of the market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Stabilometric Platform Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- fysiomed CS, s.r.o.
- Medi-Care Solutions S.R.L
- Biodex Medical Systems, Inc.
- Easytech s.r.l.
- Fremslife s.r.l.
- Sensing Future Technologies
- Techno Concept
- Vestibular Research & Development, LLC.
- KINESIQ, Inc.
Global Stabilometric Platform Market: Research Scope
Global Stabilometric Platform Market, by Testing Type
- Static Testing
- Dynamic Testing
Global Stabilometric Platform Market, by End-user
- Rehabilitation Centers
Global Stabilometric Platform Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.