Spine Augmentation Systems Market: Introduction
- Spine augmentation systems can be defined as devices that perform minimally invasive vertebral surgical procedures. Spine augmentation systems are used for pain management, owing to vertebral compression fractures. These systems are used to make cavity within the vertebral body before the injection of cement during the process of minimally invasive surgical procedure to soothe fractures. Moreover, these augmentation systems are used to conduct various types of surgical procedures: vertebroplasty, balloon kyphoplasty, and others.
- The global spine augmentation systems market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to incessant rise in geriatric population, high prevalence of osteoporosis, and market availability of comprehensive product line of spine augmentation systems.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Spine Augmentation Systems Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Spine Augmentation Systems Market
- Increase in percentage of geriatric and obese population is likely to propel the adoption of spine augmentation systems during the forecast period. According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Product, the geriatric population in the U.S. will reach 72.1 million by 2030. This is expected to be a key factor driving the global spine augmentation systems market during the forecast period.
- Prevalence of these degenerative spine conditions has been increasing and is known to be of common occurrence in population. According to the WHO, 80% to 90% of the U.S. population is affected by degenerative spine diseases; their symptoms ranging from back pain to severe limitations in mobility. Hence, rise in prevalence of spinal diseases is likely to contribute to the growth of the global spine augmentation systems market.
- Awareness among people about various spinal disorders and available treatments has been increasing. There has been a rise in the number of dedicated websites providing information related to spine diseases and their treatment. Moreover, this awareness is boosting the adoption of spinal fusion devices. This factor is expected to fuel the global spine augmentation systems market during the forecast period.
High Risks Associated with Surgeries Hamper Spine Augmentation Systems Market
- Almost every spinal surgery is linked with complications and risks. These risks may often lower the benefits associated with spinal surgeries resulting in hampering the spine augmentation systems market growth. Major risks associated with these surgeries include failure to release lower back pain symptoms. This surgical outcome is usually known as “failed back surgery syndrome”.
- Spinal surgeries majorly lead to changes in the functioning of spine, shifting the stress from fused vertebrae to adjacent areas of the spine. This may cause wear and tear of vertebral joints resulting in further chronic pain and damage. Some other risks associated with spinal surgeries include nerves damage, incisional site infection, anesthetic complications, and bleeding, among others. This factor is likely to hinder spine augmentation systems market growth during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Spine Augmentation Systems Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of spine augmentation systems, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region. The two countries account for a combined share of 30% of the demand for spine augmentation systems in the region.
- Increase in population, rise in incidences of orthopedic diseases, and improving economy of China, India, and others countries of Southeast Asia are resulting in high per capita health care expenditure. This is anticipated to drive the spine augmentation systems market in the region.
- The spine augmentation systems market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investments in the health care industry of the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Spine Augmentation Systems Market
Key Players Operating in Global Spine Augmentation Systems Market:
The global spine augmentation systems market is highly competitive with top manufacturers adopting various strategies for attaining maximum market share. Some of the key players operating in the global spine augmentation systems market are:
- Ackermann Instrumente
- Alphatec Spine
- BM Korea
Global Spine Augmentation Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Spine Augmentation Systems Market, by Product Type
- Balloon Catheter
- Access Sheath
Global Spine Augmentation Systems Market, by End-user
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Spine Augmentation Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.