Increase in Incidence of Neurological Disorders Creates Opportunities for Speech Therapy Services Market
- Speech therapy is a treatment that helps improve speech impairments and other related disorders. Various methods of the treatment include physical exercises, speech drills, and sound production practice.
- The treatment for speech therapy can take place in a number of settings. These include home, neighborhood, and school. Services are provided at home for patients younger than three years of age. Preschoolers may be offered services in daycare settings, while treatment programs for school-age children usually are integrated into the classroom.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Speech Therapy Services Market
- Rise in number of geriatric population is boosting the speech therapy market. Hearing loss is one of the key issues associated with the elderly. Therefore, rapid growth in geriatric population is anticipated to lead to a rise in number of people with hearing and balance impairments. Increase in demand for contract based or direct speech therapy services is also estimated to boost the market in the near future.
- Members of the baby boom generation now face the possibility of neurological disorders and hearing impairments. Birth asphyxia, brain malformation, and hydrocephalus require speech therapy. According to a paper published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in 2012, the overall prevalence of neurological disorders stood at 38.7% in the year. According to the paper, neurological disorders are more common in children with the Down syndrome than in general population.
- Government regulation on reimbursement lower patient access, thereby adversely affecting the demand for speech therapy services. Speech therapy services are usually covered under private health insurance.
Get a Glimpse of the In-depth Analysis through our Speech Therapy Services Market Report Brochure
High Demand for Speech Therapy Services for Children
- Based on patient pool, the global speech therapy services market can be segmented into adult and children
- Adult and children can be affected by various types of speech disorders. According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders data, an estimated 17.9 million U.S. adults aged 18 or older (7.6%) are reported of having had a problem with their voice in the past 12 months. As per the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association data, overall, 2.3% to 24.6% of school-aged children were estimated to have speech delay or speech sound disorders.
High Growth Potential for Speech Disorder Segment
- Based on indication, the global speech therapy services market can be divided into speech disorder, language disorder, apraxia, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and others
- Increase in incidence of congenital disorders, rise in awareness about speech defects, early diagnosis, and launch of new services are anticipated to drive the global speech therapy services market during the forecast period
- According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders data, approximately 1 in 12 (7.7%) U.S. children aged between 3 years and 17 years has had a disorder related to voice, speech, language, or swallowing over the last 12 months
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Speech Therapy Services Market Report
Market in Asia Pacific Estimated to Expand at High CAGR
- In terms of region, the global speech therapy services market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to lead the global speech therapy services market during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by Europe. This can be ascribed to the rise in incidence of congenital disorders and increase in geriatric population.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the rise in standard of living, lifestyle changes, increase in awareness about speech disorders, and growth in health care expenditure in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global speech therapy services market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Smart Speech Therapy
- Therapy Solutions Inc.
- Glenda Browne Speech Pathology
- Benchmark Therapies, Inc Corporate
- Talk Speech Pathology Pty Ltd
- Speech Therapy Services
Speech Therapy Services Market: Research Scope
Global Speech Therapy Services Market, by Indication
- Speech Disorder
- Language Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Global Speech Therapy Services Market, by Patient Pool
Global Speech Therapy Services Markets, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.