Increase in Incidence of Neurological Disorders Creates Opportunities for Speech Therapy Services Market
- Speech therapy is a treatment that helps improve speech impairments and other related disorders. Various methods of the treatment include physical exercises, speech drills, and sound production practice.
- The treatment for speech therapy can take place in a number of settings. These include home, neighborhood, and school. Services are provided at home for patients younger than three years of age. Preschoolers may be offered services in daycare settings, while treatment programs for school-age children usually are integrated into the classroom.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Speech Therapy Services Market
- Rise in number of geriatric population is boosting the speech therapy market. Hearing loss is one of the key issues associated with the elderly. Therefore, rapid growth in geriatric population is anticipated to lead to a rise in number of people with hearing and balance impairments. Increase in demand for contract based or direct speech therapy services is also estimated to boost the market in the near future.
- Members of the baby boom generation now face the possibility of neurological disorders and hearing impairments. Birth asphyxia, brain malformation, and hydrocephalus require speech therapy. According to a paper published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in 2012, the overall prevalence of neurological disorders stood at 38.7% in the year. According to the paper, neurological disorders are more common in children with the Down syndrome than in general population.
- Government regulation on reimbursement lower patient access, thereby adversely affecting the demand for speech therapy services. Speech therapy services are usually covered under private health insurance.
Get a Glimpse of the In-depth Analysis through our Speech Therapy Services Market Report Brochure
High Demand for Speech Therapy Services for Children
- Based on patient pool, the global speech therapy services market can be segmented into adult and children
- Adult and children can be affected by various types of speech disorders. According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders data, an estimated 17.9 million U.S. adults aged 18 or older (7.6%) are reported of having had a problem with their voice in the past 12 months. As per the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association data, overall, 2.3% to 24.6% of school-aged children were estimated to have speech delay or speech sound disorders.
High Growth Potential for Speech Disorder Segment
- Based on indication, the global speech therapy services market can be divided into speech disorder, language disorder, apraxia, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and others
- Increase in incidence of congenital disorders, rise in awareness about speech defects, early diagnosis, and launch of new services are anticipated to drive the global speech therapy services market during the forecast period
- According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders data, approximately 1 in 12 (7.7%) U.S. children aged between 3 years and 17 years has had a disorder related to voice, speech, language, or swallowing over the last 12 months
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Speech Therapy Services Market Report
Market in Asia Pacific Estimated to Expand at High CAGR
- In terms of region, the global speech therapy services market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to lead the global speech therapy services market during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by Europe. This can be ascribed to the rise in incidence of congenital disorders and increase in geriatric population.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the rise in standard of living, lifestyle changes, increase in awareness about speech disorders, and growth in health care expenditure in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global speech therapy services market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Smart Speech Therapy
- Therapy Solutions Inc.
- Glenda Browne Speech Pathology
- Benchmark Therapies, Inc Corporate
- Talk Speech Pathology Pty Ltd
- Speech Therapy Services
Speech Therapy Services Market: Research Scope
Global Speech Therapy Services Market, by Indication
- Speech Disorder
- Language Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Global Speech Therapy Services Market, by Patient Pool
Global Speech Therapy Services Markets, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.