Specialty methacrylate is a salt or ester of methacrylic acid, which is used in the manufacture of certain plastics. It is an ethacrylate monomer that is used as a specialty chemical in applications such as coatings, inks, paints, adhesives, and others. It is also used to enhance compatibility, impact modification, flexibility, and heat resistance capacity as a chemical intermediate. Methacrylate refers to derivatives of methacrylic acid. These derivatives include the parent acid (CH2C (CH3) CO2H), salts (e.g. CH2C (CH3) CO2−Na+), esters (e.g. CH2C (CH3) CO2CH3, or methyl methacrylate), and the polymers of these species. Methacrylates easily form polymers because the double bonds are very reactive. They are used as the monomer resin in some windscreen repair kits and as bone cement for fixing prosthetic devices in orthopedic surgery.
Factors such as rising demand from the automobile and electronics industries are driving the specialty methacrylate market. Furthermore, the expansion in the building & construction industry has also propelled the demand for specialty methacrylate. However, factors such as availability of cheaper substitutes is hampering the expansion of the specialty methacrylate market.
In terms of derivatives, the specialty methacrylate market can be segmented into methy methacrylate, butyl methacrylate, ethyl methacrylate, and others.
Based on application, the specialty methacrylate market can be categorized into acrylic sheets, molding, paints & coatings, additives, and others. The Molding is expected to remain a prominent segment during the forecast period owing to rising demand for acrylic resins in products such as instrument clusters and taillights for cars.
In terms of end-use industry, the specialty methacrylate market can be divided into automotive, architecture & construction, electronics, advertisement & communication, and others. Automotive is a dominant segment owing to significant demand for specialty methacrylate in the automobile sector.
Based on geography, the specialty methacrylate market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Asia Pacific is expected to be a prominent region of the market owing to the presence of major players in the region and high demand from the signs and displays, architecture, construction, and automotive industries. Moreover, the market in the region is likely to be boosted by expansion in major economies such as China, India, South Korea, and Japan. Asia Pacific is projected to be followed by Europe and North America during the forecast period.
Key players operating in the specialty methacrylate market include Mitsubishi Chemical, Evonik, Dow Chemical, Sumitomo Chemical, LG Chem, and Arkema.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.