Solid-state Radar Market: Introduction
- Solid-state radars removes the magnetron and replaces it with a solid-state broadband transmitter that emits a clean, frequency-stable signal
- Solid-state radar originates on almost instantly and consumes much less power, up to 40 watts. This saves considerable power on most ships, either in the air or at sea. Moreover, these radars rapidly fire Doppler radar signals and process them in a single sweep to provide faster readings on target speed.
- Solid-state radars are approximately 16 times more reliable (Mean Time Between Failures or MTBF), consume less power, require no warm-up time at power on, can be easily adjusted by the user, and multiple types of signals can be employed for better signal processing and better detail at longer ranges
- The development of active electronic scan arrays has further boosted the development of 3D radar, which in turn is driving the solid-state radar market
- Rise in popularity of solid-state electronics, such as Gallium Arsenide and Gallium Nitride (GaN), have led to the development of a new generation of Advanced Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radars
- Latest technologies such as digital components and software-defined radars are widely used in the solid-state radar market. Consumption of fast Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) microprocessors, Digital Signal Processors (DSP), Digital-to-Analog (D-A) converters, and high-speed digital networking, Ultrafast Analog-to-Digital (A-D) has enabled new-age radars to provide high output to power ratio and maintain a relatively small form factor.
Rising Demand for Solid-state Radar in Aerospace and Defense Industries
- Based on end-use industry, the global market can be segmented into aerospace and defense, marine, information and communication technology, automotive, industrial, and others
- The aerospace and defense segment of the global solid-state radar market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period as new-generation UAVs are being utilized for various combat missions, including attacks on hostile ground targets
- 3D solid-state radars are employed in various applications such as surveillance, navigation, and weather monitoring. These 3D radars can provide high target location accuracy along and fully automatic operation modes, which has resulted in an increased demand for these radars in the military.
- Rise in adoption of lightweight combat UAVs equipped with solid-state radars is expected to create significant opportunities for the solid-state radars market
North America to Lead Global Solid-state Radar Market
- In terms of region, the global solid-state radar market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Advancements in solid-state radar technologies, development of phased-array solid-state radar, and increased demand for advanced weather monitoring radar are fueling the solid-state radar market.
- The solid-state radar market in North America is expected to expand at a high growth rate due to presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in Europe is likely to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period owing to less competition in the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Solid-state Radar Market
Major players operating in global solid-state radar market are focusing on technological advancements that are used by police forces, border security forces, coastal & maritime patrol officers, and search & rescue operatives. These radars are also employed to detect targets and determine their position, course, and speed over a long-range. Solid-state radars facilitate intelligence gathering, surveillance, and reconnaissance. Thus, all these factors are expected to drive the solid-state radar market. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative and advanced technologies.
Key players operating in the global solid-state radar market include:
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Raytheon Technologies
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Thales Group
- Leonardo Electronics US, Inc
- Elbit Systems Ltd
- Garmin Ltd
- Teledyne FLIR LLC
- FURUNO ELECTRIC CO.,LTD
- TOKYO KEIKI INC.
- EWR Radar Systems, Inc.
- Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd
- GEM Elettronica
- GAMIC GmbH
- Reutak Radar Systems
- Japan Radio Co.
- Easat Radar Systems Limited
- ICS Technologies
Global Solid-state Radar Market: Research Scope
Global Solid-state Radar Market, by Frequency Band
- Others (Ku-Band, Ka-Band etc.)
Global Solid-state Radar Market, by Application
- Airspace Monitoring & Surveillance
- Weather Monitoring
- Collision Warning
- Others (Airport Perimeter Security, Air Drones etc.)
Global Solid-state Radar Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace and Defense
- Information and communication Technology
- Others (Energy and utilities, Military etc.)
Global Solid-state Radar Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa