Global Solar PV Junction Box Market: Overview
Solar PV junction box is a component installed on the backside of a solar module. It houses all the electric bits on a solar panel and protects them from the environment. It is also used to connect panels. Thus, solar PV junction box is the most important part of a solar panel.
Solar PV junction box can be manufactured through two techniques: soldering/potting and clamping. In the first method, foils from a solar panel are soldered to the diodes in the junction box, which is then potted or filled with a sticky material to ensure not only the thermal transfer of heat, but also to keep the solder joint in place and prevent it from falling. After sufficient time has been provided for the curing of the potting material, the solar panel can be used. In the second method, a simple clamping mechanism is used for attaching the foil to the wires. The costs associated with both these methods are fairly equal; however, the price of the clamping box is higher even though the labor requirement on the soldering/potting method is more.
Important characteristics of solar PV junction boxes include maximization of the flow of current and overall efficiency using dual-sided heat dissipation; simplification of the installation process using a thin, compact and convenient design and layout; and minimization of connection issues over the product’s lifetime through enhanced connector security and strength.
Solar PV junction boxes are available in a wide range of sizes and configuration in order to meet different weather requirements, sizes, and capacities of solar power plants. In recent times, the product has undergone an evolution in order to keep pace with the more powerful solar modules. For example, cool bypass switches are now replacing traditional diodes in junction boxes in order to mitigate the tendency of solar modules to generate excessive heat. However, this has led to an increase in the price of junction boxes. Many power producers are turning to bifacial panels where only one solar PV junction box is used. These boxes have evolved further in order to keep up with the other changes in solar power plants such as rapid shutdown and other module-level functionality requested by various national regulations. Thus, companies have now started manufacturing customizable, open-format, multifunction junction boxes in order to include future updates. These updates can include optimizers or micro inverters if their electronics can be reduced in size.
Global Solar PV Junction Box Market: Key Players
Key global solar PV junction box market include TE Connectivity, Stäubli Electrical Connectors, Targray, Geesys Technologies, DuPont, and LEONI Studer AG.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.