Global Soft tissue dissection market: Introduction
- Soft tissues support and connect other tissues in the body. They include muscles (including the heart), fat, blood vessels, nerves, tendons, and tissues that surround the bones and joints. Muscles, tendon, and ligaments are common soft tissues that get injured. These injuries often occur during sports and exercise activities; however, sometimes simple, everyday physical activity can lead to an injury.
- Sprains, strains, and contusions as well as tendinitis and bursitis, are common soft-tissue injuries. These injuries may require a prolonged amount of time to heal even with appropriate treatment. Soft tissue dissection is preferred in case of serious tissue injuries or any sensitive internal body part operation such as heart. In case of soft tissue dissection, the tissues are careful separated with the help of blunt instruments during the diverse surgical procedure. Soft tissue dissections are also called blunt dissection, as blunt instruments are mostly used during the whole procedure. Blunt dissection procedure has not changed significantly in centuries; it is considered tedious, nerve-wracking, and risky, which also requires great skill to perform.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Soft tissue dissection market
- Technological development in dissection tools has made the soft tissue dissection safer, faster, and easier for surgeons. Electrode dissection type, which offers other advanced technologies usually employing heat for the dissection, is a major segment that is estimated to drive the global soft tissue dissection market.
- High risk during the soft tissue dissection is the only restraint for the global soft tissue dissection market. Technological advancement of tools has minimised the risk drastically.
- Adoption of soft tissue dissection apart from the cases related to injuries such as facelifts and rejuvenation operations has created further opportunities for the global soft tissue dissection market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Soft tissue dissection market
- Acute midsubstance Achilles tendon ruptures is an increasingly common athletic injury in patients 30 years to 50 years old in the U.S., which can result in significant functional limitation and decreased quality of life. According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons clinical practice non-operative treatment of Achilles tendon ruptures has lower wound healing complications; however, it can lead to higher rates of re-rupture. Soft tissue dissection approaches have been found to have fewer overall complications as compared to that with traditional open repair. This has increased the demand for soft tissue dissection in the region. North America accounts for a major share of the global soft tissue dissection market.
- Europe is expected to account for the second-largest share of the global soft tissue dissection market. Soft tissue dissection has been a highly crucial procedure in cardiovascular operations in the last few years and has saved numerous lives in the region, which records the highest number of patients with cardiovascular disease.
Key Players Operating in Global Soft Tissue Dissection Market
The global soft tissue dissection market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global soft tissue dissection market are:
- Cadence Inc.
- AtriCure, Inc.
- Accurate Surgical & Scientific Instruments Corp,
- Ethicon US, LLC.
- Medtronic PLC
- Omnia LLC
- Point Blank Medical
- BOVIE MEDICAL
- Olympus Corporation
Global Soft Tissue Dissection Market: Research Scope
Global Soft Tissue Dissection Market, by Dissector Type
- Bipolar soft tissue dissectors
- Monopolar soft tissue dissectors
Global Soft Tissue Dissection Market, by Electrode Type
- Stainless Steel Electrode
- Edge Coated Electrode
- Arthroscopic Electrode
Global Soft Tissue Dissection Market, by Application
- General Surgery
- Gynecology Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
Global Soft Tissue Dissection Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Specialty clinics