Sodium Phenylbutyrate Drugs Market: Introduction
Sodium phenylbutyrate drugs are prescribed for adjunctive therapy in the chronic management of urea cycle disorders. They are primarily administered orally, in equally divided doses, with each meal or feeding. Divalproex (Depakote), haloperidol (Haldol), valproic acid (Depakene, Stavzor) may interact with sodium phenylbutyrate, if taken simultaneously. Buphenyl is a brand name of sodium phenylbutyrate, approved by the FDA.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Sodium Phenylbutyrate Drugs Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Sodium Phenylbutyrate Drugs Market
- Urea cycle disorders (UCDs) are inborn errors of metabolism (IEMs) resulting from defects in any 1 of the six enzymes or 2 transporters involved in the hepatic removal of ammonia from the bloodstream by conversion to urea, which is excreted by the kidneys. UCDs include carbamoyl phosphate synthase (CPS) deficiency, ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC) deficiency, argininosuccinate synthetase deficiency (citrullinemia), argininosuccinate lyase deficiency (argininosuccinic aciduria), and arginase deficiency (argininemia). Overall incidence of UCD, globally, varies from 1:8000 to 1:44,000 births. An estimated cumulative incidence of UCDs in Europe is approximately 1 in 51,946. Sodium phenylbutyrate drugs are utilized for the treatment of urea cycle disorders. Thus, an increase in cases of UCDs fuel the market.
- Increased research & development initiatives undertaken by research & academic institutes supported by pharmaceutical companies as well as governments are estimated to drive sodium phenylbutyrate drugs market
- Side effects related to the intake of sodium phenylbutyrate drugs may hamper the market. Common side effects may include missed menstrual periods or changes in the regular cycle, loss of appetite, headache, nausea or vomiting, lower back, side, or stomach pain.
Oral Segment Witness Highest Growth
- Based on route of administration, the global sodium phenylbutyrate drugs market can be divided into oral and nasogastric intubation
- The oral segment accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2019. Sodium phenylbutyrate is available in tablet or powder form. Nasogastric intubation involves the insertion of a plastic tube through the nose, past the throat, and down into the stomach. Nasogastric tube (NGT) insertion is done through anesthetized procedure for critically ill patients who cannot swallow a tablet through oral intake.
Hospital Pharmacies to Dominate Global Sodium Phenylbutyrate Drugs Market
- Based on distribution channel, the global sodium phenylbutyrate drugs market can be divided into: hospital pharmacies, online and retail pharmacies
- In terms of revenue, the hospital pharmacies segment accounted for a notable share of the global market in 2019, followed by the retail pharmacies segment. Within a hospital, the hospital pharmacy dispenses inpatient medications. Hospital pharmacies usually stock a larger range of medications. Expansion of hospital pharmacies is attributed to offering quality medicines to patient by purchasing directly from drug manufacturers, thus preventing the issues of counterfeit medicines.
- The online segment is estimated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Increasing penetration of internet, worldwide, rising investments made by private companies, and an increase in the number of steps taken by government bodies are major factors propelling the segment
North America to Dominate Global Sodium Phenylbutyrate Drugs Market
- In terms of region, the global sodium phenylbutyrate drugs market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the sodium phenylbutyrate drugs market. Increase in incidence of urea cycle disorders, rise in number of FDA approvals, and continuous merger & acquisition between companies contribute to the leading share held by the region. According to data published in NCBI in 2013, incidence of urea cycle disorders is at 1 in 35,000 live births in the U.S. or about 113 new patients per year.
- The sodium phenylbutyrate drugs market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to be driven by an increase in the number of target patients, rise in healthcare expenditure, and investments by various companies in research & development activities in the region.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global sodium phenylbutyrate drugs market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Horizon Therapeutics USA, Inc.
- Par Pharm
- Sigmapharm Labs LLC
- SEQENS GROUP
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
Sodium Phenylbutyrate Drugs Market: Research Scope
Sodium Phenylbutyrate Drugs Market, by Route of Administration
- Nasogastric Intubation
Sodium Phenylbutyrate Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.