Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate: Introduction
- Sodium methyl cocoyl taurate is the salt of the coconut fatty acid amide of N-methyltaurine. It is a soft white paste and is derived from coconut. Widely cultivated, healthy coconut palms produce 50 nuts per year, and this coconut tree can be employed to produce a wide range of products from food and drink to fibers, building materials, and natural ingredients.
- Sodium methyl cocoyl taurate is a surfactant that allows water and oil to mix, allowing things to become clean. It also acts as a foaming agent. It can be found in hundreds of personal care products such as shampoo, facial cleanser, body wash, acne treatments, toothpaste, hand soap, sanitizer and other products.
- Sodium methyl cocoyl taurate is manufactured by reacting taurine, N-methyltaurine, or a taurate salt with a coconut fatty acid. Typically, this process involves heating coconut acid, sodium methyltaurate solution and boric acid to 200 degrees Celsius, while stirring with a subsurface nitrogen purge. This distills off water. Subsequently, stirring occurs under lower heat and lower pressure. It is then cooled. The result is a waxy solid that is ground into a powder.
- Sodium methyl cocoyl taurate is extensively utilized as a surfactant and cleanser. Furthermore, it is a good alternative to harsh silicones. The Cosmetics Ingredient Review has deemed the ingredient safe for use in cosmetic products when formulated to be non-irritating.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate Market
- Rapid increase in the demand for premium quality cosmetic & personal care products, such as shampoo, facial cleanser, body wash, acne treatments, toothpaste, hand soap, sanitizer, anti-aging, anti-wrinkle creams, face washes, owing to presence of large geriatric population in the world, is expected to fuel the demand for sodium methyl cocoyl taurate globally. Significant expansion of the tourism sector across the globe has prompted manufacturers to develop new and unique beauty & personal care market products, which in turn is expected to propel the demand for sodium methyl cocoyl taurate globally. New innovations by leading cosmetic companies worldwide by addition of antipollution ingredients with antioxidant complexes to improve product quality are further anticipated to drive the global sodium methyl cocoyl taurate market.
- Online distribution network is expanding at a significant pace for cosmetics & personal care products along with enhanced consumer awareness about product ingredients is offering significant opportunities for the sodium methyl cocoyl taurate industry. A long-term positive impact is created due to modifications in regulations pertaining to synthetic cosmetic ingredients. Regional production of sodium methyl cocoyl taurate derivatives coupled with a significant rise in market competitiveness is also projected to offer considerable opportunities to manufacturers. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the global sodium methyl cocoyl taurate market during the forecast period.
Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global sodium methyl cocoyl taurate market can be segmented into skin care products and hair care products, and others
- The skin care products segment is estimated to expand at a significant pace. Skin care products such as cleansers, moisturizing cream, lotions, sunscreen, and bath products, utilize sodium methyl cocoyl taurate. Consequently, the segment is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period, which would have a positive impact on the global sodium methyl cocoyl taurate market.
Covid-19 Impact on Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate Market
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Manufacturing of goods across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, and other reasons. Thus is expected to hamper the sodium methyl cocoyl taurate market to some extent.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a swift and severe negative impact on the globally integrated industry such as the cosmetic and personal care sector by hampering the supply chain significantly. It is also expected to hamper manufacturing, distribution, and supply of sodium methyl cocoyl taurate considerably.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate
- In terms of region, the global sodium methyl cocoyl taurate market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific and Europe are highly active markets in terms of strategic initiatives, owing to their emerging and mature market demand, respectively. Rise in application of sodium methyl cocoyl taurate and increased number of domestic players in vertical market segments, such as skin and hair care product applications, are key factors boosting the market in these regions.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific accounts for a notable share of the global market, followed by North America and Europe. Expansion of the consumer goods industry, particularly in North America and Europe, is projected to fuel the sodium methyl cocoyl taurate market in these regions.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate Market
The global sodium methyl cocoyl taurate market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global sodium methyl cocoyl taurate market include:
- Taiwan NJC
- Galaxy Surfactants
- Foshan Hytop New Material
- Jarchem Industries
- Protameen Chemicals
- The Herbarie
Global Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate Market: Research Scope
Global Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate Market, by Purity
- Purity 93%
- Purity 95%
- Purity 99%
Global Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate Market, by Application
- Skin Care Products
- Hair Care Products
Global Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!