Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market (Product: SLS Liquid and SLS Dry, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate (SLES) and Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate (LAS); Application - Detergents & Cleaners, Personal Care, Textile & Leather, Oilfield Chemicals and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market: Laundry Care Industry to Present Promising Growth Opportunities especially in Asia Pacific
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), also known as sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS), is a salt of organosulfate. SLS is ethoxylated to produce sodium lauryl ether sulfate in order to mitigate its corrosive nature
- SLS is anionic surfactant play an important role in removing dirt, clay, and oily stains, due to their excellent foam- and lather-forming characteristics. They also exhibit superior wetting and emulsifying properties
- High demand for sodium lauryl sulfate in the laundry care industry has played a vital role in the upgrade of surfactant technologies over the last few decades. Asia Pacific has been the largest industry for laundry care over the last few years. The region is anticipated to be a lucrative market for manufacturers of emulsion polymers during the forecast period 2019 to 2027, owing to their upstream integration with raw material suppliers and wide geographic coverage
- The laundry care industry in mature markets, such as Western Europe, is expected to witness modest growth, with a continuous shift toward concentrated liquid and tablet detergents and the subsequent increase in unit prices. With these indicators, outlook for the global sodium lauryl sulfate market appears positive
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate (LAS) to be a key product segment
- On the basis of product type the global sodium lauryl sulfate market is bifurcated into SLS liquid and SLS dry, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate (SLES) and Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate (LAS). Among them, LAS, segment held major share of more than 70% the global sodium lauryl sulfate market in 2018. Its share is anticipated to increase substantially between 2019 and 2027. It is likely remain dominant product type during the forecast period 2019 to 2027
- LAS is the most widely used anionic surfactant in detergent and cleaning products. It is highly efficient and versatile. Furthermore, it is the safest surfactant from the viewpoint of the environment and human health. These are major factors expected to propel the demand for LAS during the forecast period
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Detergent & Cleaners is Expected to Continue to Be Major Application segments of Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market
- In terms of application, sodium lauryl sulfate is bifurcated into detergents & cleaners, personal care, textile & leather, oilfield chemicals and others. The detergents & cleaners segment is expected to hold more than 50% share of the global sodium lauryl sulfate market by 2027
- Rising importance of healthy lifestyle with rising concerns among consumers about hygienic living and health has led to rise in the per capita spending on household cleaning products including laundry detergents in the recent years. Amidst growing price consciousness, consumers are likely to demand value-added surfactants with time-saving features, for example, liquid detergents and tablet detergents. These are the major factors which is expected to propel demand for sodium lauryl sulfate for detergent & cleaners application
- However, among applications, personal care is expected to be a highly lucrative segment of the global sodium lauryl sulfate market during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027
- Rising awareness about and demand for personal care products in Asia Pacific is a major factor that makes personal care a highly attractive application segment. These anionic surfactants can also be blended with mild surfactants in order to make them less harsh and thereby, more suitable for use in personal care products
Asia Pacific is expected to be Major Region For Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market
- In terms of geography, the sodium lauryl sulfate market has been bifurcated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific held the leading market share of more than 40% in 2018. It is likely to remain dominant region over the forecast period 2019 to 2027
- Rise in disposable income in emerging economies such as China and India has improved lifestyle in these countries. This, in turn, has propelled the demand for detergents & cleaners and personal care products in the region. Growth of the end-use industry and increase in penetration of washing machines in the region drives the demand for sodium lauryl sulfate in Asia Pacific
- High investments in commercialization of personal care products are likely to have a positive impact on the sodium lauryl sulfate market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market, ask for a customized report
Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market: Competition Landscape
- Global sodium lauryl sulfate market is fragmented with large number of local and global players operating in the market.Major players operating in the global sodium lauryl sulfate market are
- Huntsman Corporation
- Croda International Plc.
- Lion Specialty Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Galaxy Surfactants Ltd.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Solvay S.A
- Leading manufacturers are focusing on developing value-added ultra-concentrated laundry, dishwashing and surface-cleaning products. For instance, in 2018, Henkel AG & Company, KGaA invested US$ 20 Mn in research and development activities to launch Persil Powergems, a new brand of detergents, which is neither powder nor liquid but contains lentil-shaped crystals that are more concentrated than any washing powder
Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market analyzes the market scenario for the period from 2019 to 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders operating in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides an understanding of strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with market trends and restraints in the competition landscape section.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors on the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis, value chain analysis, pricing analysis, and regulatory scenario of the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market in order to elaborate crucial growth strategies of and opportunities for players operating in the market.
Key Questions Answered in Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market Report
- How much revenue is the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which regions currently account for the maximum share of the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market?
- What are the key factors expected to drive the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market?
- Which region is likely to be a lucrative market for Sodium Lauryl Sulfate during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market?
This report answers these questions about the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for growth of their business.
Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and the current trends, researchers of the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market arrived at predictions and estimations, and calculated the market forecast.
This report adopts the analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers of the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market, by using both bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market, along with an overview of the market, is provided based on a careful examination of avenues related to the market. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
The Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market can be segmented as follows:
Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market, by Product Type
- Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate (SLES)
- Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate (LAS)
Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market, by Application
- Detergents & Cleaners
- Personal Care
- Textile & Leather
- Oilfield Chemicals
Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market: Segmentation
This report on the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market provides segmentation of the market based on product, application and region