A snowsuit is a piece of clothing or a jacket and matching trousers, which is worn by individuals over their regular clothes while participating in high-altitude or extreme-winter sports, outdoors, or recreational events. These are found to be popular among users that participate in alpine sports such as skiing and snowboarding. Snowsuits offer protection from cold by providing warmth. This factor is expected to boost the sale of snowsuits in the next few years.
Global Snowsuit Market: Competition Landscape
Participation of prominent players in the fragmented market for snowsuits, which target their customers through a wide range of retailing channels is expected to lead to substantial growth of the market in the next few years. Introduction of counterfeit products by local players in the market may impact sales of snowsuits in the near future.
- Key players across the globe are promoting sales of snowsuits through a wide range of retailing channels and online platforms. These companies are targeting their users through a wide range of brands with unique designs.
- Major players operating in the global snowsuit market are also emphasizing new innovations; opting for low-weight fabrics for designing snowsuits that can protect users from cold; targeting mega recreational places and snowfall places
- Emerging players in the market are focusing towards promotion and collaboration with a wide range of online retail platform such as Amazon, ebay, Alibaba among the others to enhance the sales of the product.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
Columbia Sportswear Company
Columbia Sportswear Company is a U.S.-based company established in 1938. The company is engaged in the manufacture and distribution of snowsuits, sportswear, outerwear, and footwear as well as outerwear accessories and camping equipment. The company emphasizes the designing of interchangeable shells, breathable waterproof fabrics, and liners. The company supplies its products across 100 countries all over the globe. The company supplies products through a wide range of distribution channels.
Clarus Corporation was established in 1991. It is primarily engaged in the production and distribution of lifestyle products and outdoor equipment. It is focused on sport, ski, climb, mountain, and skin care categories. The company operates its business through two segments: Black Diamond and Sierra. The company sells its products under the brand names of Black Diamond, PIEPS, Sierra, and SKINourishment.
Founded in 1877, Helly Hansen is involved in the manufacture of textile products and sports gears. The company offers apparel, sporting goods, work wear, and footwear. The company focuses on new developing new designs by using advanced techniques. It has collaborated with a wide range of retailing channels to distribute its products.
Key players operating in the global snowsuit market include Columbia Sportswear Company, Clarus Corporation, Patagonia, Inc., Helly Hansen, Burton Snowboards, Amer Sports, Mountain Warehouse Holdings Limited, Genuine Guide Gear, and VF Corporation.
Global Snowsuit Market: Market Dynamics
Rising demand for high-performance, application-specific snowsuits
Snowsuit usage can be classified based on type of sport and application. In extreme cold or at high altitudes, users opt for soft- and hard-shell-based snowsuits to get protected from severe cold and breathing issues. Rise in the participation of users in recreational activities of winter or extreme cold conditions at high altitudes is expected to enhance sales of snowsuits in the next few years. High-performance apparel, such as insulated and waterproof jackets, used for competitive sports are popular among end-users. Users are also opting for snowsuits in winter-based sports events and competitions.
Increased R&D activities by manufacturers
Currently, fabrics are made by using synthetic as well as natural fibers. However, consumers have become highly conscious and they are looking for eco-friendly suits. Manufacturers operating in the global snowsuit market are continuously undertaking research and development activities to introduce innovative suits that are eco-friendly. Some manufacturers have initiated utilizing the potential of natural fibers, such as wool, down, and feathers, for this purpose. Manufacturers are also practicing the processing of snowsuits with recycled fabrics.
Availability of low-cost and counterfeit products
Counterfeiting market activity is increasing at a rapid pace across the globe. Authentic brands need a strategy to differentiate and safeguard their products. Availability of low-cost suits manufactured by local players, for a certain limited time, is found to be popular among tourists participating in recreational activities and extreme-cold sports events. This significantly impacts the sale of leading global brands of snowsuits.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Global Snowsuit Market: Segmentation
Based on product, the global snowsuit market can be segmented into:
- Hard Shells
- Soft Shells
Based on end-user, the global snowsuit market can be divided into:
Based on distribution channel, the global snowsuit market can be classified into:
- Online Channels
- Offline Channels
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- Independent Retailers
- Others (Including Departmental Stores and Convenience Stores)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.