SMT Reflow Soldering Equipment Market: Introduction
- Reflow soldering is the most commonly used method of attaching surface mount components to printed circuit boards (PCBs)
- Numerous reflow soldering processes are used in SMT (Surface Mount Technology), and each process has its advantages and disadvantages
- The most commonly used reflow soldering processes in electronics components are Vapor Phase and Infrared
- Vapor phase process is highly versatile and can be used for assemblies of any shape. Several phase process models are available for both batch and inline types. The capital costs of the vapor phase and infrared processes are similar; however, the operation cost may be higher for vapor phase.
- Infrared devices are widely utilized in the hybrid industry; however, at a much higher temperature in order to fire thick film deposits on ceramic PCB material
- Increase in use of PCBs in the electronics industry has further boosted the SMT reflow soldering equipment market.
- Currently, the machines are very advanced and use the latest soldering technology, which can constantly solder surface mounted components. This, in turn, is also driving the market.
Rising Demand for SMT Reflow Soldering Equipment in Automotive Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the market can be segmented into consumer electronics, automotive, telecommunication, aerospace and defense, industrial, and others
- The automotive segment of the global SMT reflow soldering equipment market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in use of SMT reflow soldering equipment in the automotive industry for the production of electronic components and assemblies
- Automotive companies are also focusing on developing cost-effective vehicles that require lightweight with high functionality. This further drives the SMT reflow soldering equipment market.
- Increased use of SMT reflow soldering systems provides a faster assembly process; as compared to that offered by other traditional methods such as wave soldering; reduces the number of handling operations, improves throughput; and has lower scrap rates due to good electrical connectivity achieved by reflowed solder joints. This, in turn, is also propelling the global market.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global SMT Reflow Soldering Equipment Market
- In terms of region, the global SMT reflow soldering equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Expansion of the SMT Reflow Soldering Equipment market is driven by factors such as increasing demand for electronic products and rapid industrialization in Asia Pacific. Innovation in technologies is estimated to increase the demand for SMT reflow soldering equipment.
- Consumption of SMT reflow soldering equipment in Asia Pacific is projected to increase significantly due to expansion of the automotive industry owing to the increasing integration of electronics in automotive
- The SMT reflow soldering equipment market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high growth rate due to presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in North America is likely to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period owing to less competition in the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global SMT Reflow Soldering Equipment Market
Major players operating in global SMT reflow soldering equipment market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to cater to the rising demand for SMT reflow soldering equipment market. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative and advanced technologies.
Key players operating in the global SMT reflow soldering equipment market include:
- Zhejiang Neoden Technology Co.,Ltd
- Heller Industries, Inc.
- HB Automation Equipment Co.Ltd
Global SMT Reflow Soldering Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global SMT Reflow Soldering Equipment Market, by Process
- Vapor Phase
Global SMT Reflow Soldering Equipment Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronic
- Others (Aerospace and Defense, Industrial etc.)
Global SMT Reflow Soldering Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.