Smart watch Display Panel Market: Introduction
- Smartwatch displays panels are typically smaller than 2 inches; hence, high resolution is required in pixels per inch in order to provide sharp, easy-to-read fine text and graphics.
- Watches need to produce fairly bright images as watches are often viewed in high ambient light. Moreover, a larger color gamut is needed to counteract the color washout caused by ambient light. Furthermore, vibrant and saturated colors are useful for reading text and graphic information.
- A smartwatch provides a local touchscreen interface for everyday use, along with related smartphone apps that aid management and telemetry. Currently, smartwatch models perform basic tasks such as digital time telling, translations, game-playing, and calculations.
- However, as technology advances, smartwatches are being integrated with some of the latest features similar to smartphones, such as mobile apps, mobile operating systems, and WiFi / Bluetooth connectivity
- Demand for smartwatches is increasing worldwide, as consumers are more likely to use smart technology and growing health consciousness among consumers. Additionally, increasing advances in smartwatch technology and integration of different latest technologies into smartwatches are estimated to propel the smartwatch display panel market during the forecast period.
Rising Demand for Smartwatch Display Panel in Consumer Wearable Applications
- Based on application, the consumer wearable segment of the global smartwatch display panel market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in use of smartwatch display panel by using transflective or electronic paper in order to reduce the consumption of power
- Advances in technology have improved the efficiency and functionality of smartwatches, such as heart rate measurement and digital payments
- Rise in demand for smartwatches is also estimated to propel the demand for smartwatch display panels and consequently drive the market
- Increasing use of smartwatches that operate as portable media players to play audio, FM radio, and video files via Bluetooth headsets is further fueling the market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Smartwatch Display Panel Market
- In terms of region, the global smartwatch display panel market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Moreover, increased awareness about health among consumers and rise in disposable income of consumers are driving the smartwatch display market. Innovation in technologies are expected to further increase the demand for smartwatch display panel.
- The smartwatch display panel market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high growth rate due to the presence of major players and increased competition among them. The market in North America is likely to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period owing to less competition in the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Smartwatch Display Panel Market
Major players operating in global smart watch display panel market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to cater to the rising demand for smartwatch display panel. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative and advanced technologies.
Key players operating in the global smart watch display panel market include:
- AU Optronics Corp
- BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd.
- Everdisplay Optronics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Futaba Corporation
- Japan Display Inc.
- LG Electronics
- Truly Opto-electronics Ltd.
Global Smart watch Display Panel Market: Research Scope
Global Smart watch Display Panel Market, by Display Technology
- Others (LTPS, EWD electric wetting display etc.)
Global Smart watch Display Panel Market, by Application
- Consumer wearables
- Weather monitor
- Fitness Tracker
- Sleep Monitor
- Others (Blood Pressure Monitor, Heart Rate Monitor etc.)
Global Smartwatch Display Panel Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa