A smart grid is a digital electricity network connected using IOT devices which supplies electrical energy to buyers via a two-way communication. It features various advantages over traditions grids through advanced monitoring, control, analysis, and communication. Digital technology helps supply chains reduce cost, energy consumption, improve efficiency, and builds transparent mechanism to increase stability of the electrical supply.
The smart meters were introduced with the aim of replacing the limitations of age old electrical grids by controlling power peaks and distribute the energy cost burden fairly among consumers. Additionally, growing concerns of environmental damage due to fossil-fired power stations have led to increased support for renewable energy. But, its growing forms including wind power and solar power are highly variable. Hence, there is a growing need for more complex and mature control systems to replace the traditional ones.
Large centralized power stations have also become inefficient and there is a growing move toward a more decentralized model of power distribution. Moreover, growing concern of security and vulnerable positions of power stations make them a high priority target.
Many governments globally have been boosting the deployment of smart meters and grids due to rising concerns of global warming. Smart grids are expected to control and deal with global warming through more responsive mechanisms and contributing heavily to an energy independent future.
Advanced smart grid systems integrate the following features:
- The technology has self-repairment mechanisms.
- It is more democratic in nature and provides space for consumer participation in grid operations.
- It ensures reliability and consistency in power supply through reduction in power leakages. The transparent nature and self-repairing mechanism allow smart grids to achieve this.
- It creates opportunities for electricity makers to grow and reach new consumers. The smart grid technology is expected to make new forays into various industries through cost-savings advantages.
- It is expected to provide a smooth and secure flow of electricity to industries in the near future.
Global Smart Water Grid Market: Overview
Smart Water Grid (SWG) is a two-way water distribution network, which involves intelligent monitoring and response systems relying on real time information, sensors and IOT technology driven devices. These devices include the likes of smart water meters, which are used for monitoring water pressure, quality, temperature, flow, etc. Smart water grid market is increasingly playing an important role in water management systems globally.
Global Smart Water Grid Market: Key Trends
The decreasing water supply across the globe and increasing need for conservation, makes smart water grid an essential need for public entities such as municipalities. On the other hand, smart water grid are useful for private entities which have a large water distribution network and require maximum efficiency in managing these widespread resources. Management of water distribution networks can be complex and failure to do so actively, can result in various unintended disruptions and severe consequences. Hence, companies based in sectors such as agriculture find SWG systems an integral part of their water management systems.
Smart water grid market also faces considerable challenges during the forecast period. Currently, the SWG systems are often availed by large scale private and public entities, which find its use essential. However, the SWG system face considerable challenges while breaking into small-scale water distribution systems as the capital costs and initial funding is difficult ceiling to break. With the growing awareness of water conservation and increasing subsidies in the area, can prove to be a positive solution to the current challenge.
Global Smart Water Grid Market: Regional Outlook
Smart water grid market in North America held the largest share of the total revenue due to widespread digitalization and continuous influx of various smart technologies. The market is expected to register steady growth as resources become scarce and environment regulations become more stringent. Smart water grid market in Europe is also expected to follow suit as advancement in IT technology enriches the current network. The advancement in Smart Water Grid can provide water safety, keep an eye on extremely weather changes, real time information on consumption and subsequent evaluation.
Smart water grid market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a robust pace as public and private smart infrastructure initiatives continue to rise. One of the major driving factors in Asia Pacific market is the advancement of metering infrastructure. These meters are experiencing high demand from consumers, provided they are distributed through an accessible network.
Global Smart Water Grid Market: Competitive Dynamics
Some of the prominent companies operating in the global smart water grid market are Itron Inc., Siemens AG, Badger Meter, Inc, and Neptune Technology. A highly competitive vendor landscape is depicted by this market to exist, owing to most players continuously trying to outgun their rivals. Many companies are focusing on introducing new devices and systems on a frequent basis, as well as improving their technological efficiency. Players are also determined to participate in important partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, and collaborations to gain impressive revenue figures in the global smart water grid market.
This report gives access to decisive data, such as:
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for the coming years
Key highlights of this report include:
- Overview of key market forces propelling and restraining market growth
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements
- Pin-point analyses of market competition dynamics to offer you a competitive edge
- An analysis of strategies of major competitors
- An array of graphics and SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- Detailed analyses of industry trends
- A well-defined technological growth map with an impact-analysis
- Offers a clear understanding of the competitive landscape and key product segments
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.