Smart Vehicle Cabin Market: Introduction
- The automobile cabin has witnessed significant transformation over the last few years to become more human centric in order to offer better safety, comfort, and ride experience. These new vehicle cabins with smart surfaces, multi-modal inputs, wireless connectivity, and a wide array of functionalities are termed as smart cabins or intelligent cabins.
- Smart vehicle cabins utilize an array of advanced sensors, interactive human machine interface (HMI), and specially engineered materials to better analyze the behavior of vehicle occupants, their requirements, and surroundings to adjust the dynamics of vehicle cabin such as temperature, speaker volume, radio station, and lighting. These multiple benefits of smart vehicle cabins along with increased safety is further fueling their demand.
Key Drivers of Smart Vehicle Cabin Market
- Demand for next-generation vehicles is increasing due to a rise in the purchasing power of consumers. Consequently, changing demands of consumers is prompting OEMs to incorporate advanced systems in their vehicles, which render different levels of autonomy and increase convenience of driver and passengers. Vehicle cabin is at the core of this transformation and hence, witnessing high integration of intelligent technologies that enhance the safety and ride experience. For instance, Daimler AG’s MBUX Interior Assistant uses an artificial intelligence-based gesture input system to enhance the interaction of vehicle occupants with the vehicle. This integration of advanced technologies coupled with growing popularity of next-generation vehicles is driving the smart vehicle cabin market across the globe.
- Rise in number of on-road vehicles has resulted in high number of road traffic accidents, thus creating awareness about driver and passenger safety. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that in 2017, 6.5 million road-traffic accident were reported across the U. S. Majority of these accidents are caused due to driver distraction, which in turn is fueling the requirement for efficient in-cabin monitoring systems such as vital signs monitoring, life presence detection, passenger classification. The European Union has mandated installation of in-cabin driver monitoring solutions in all cars sold across Europe from 2022. Thus, growing awareness about vehicle safety and regulatory transformations relevant to it are fueling the global smart vehicle cabin market.
Challenges in Smart Vehicle Cabin Market
- Smart vehicle cabins are powered by various connectivity technologies that makes them highly vulnerable to cyber-attacks and pose a threat to data privacy of users, thereby hampering the global smart vehicle cabin market. Furthermore, these systems increase the overall cost of vehicles, which restricts their application to luxury vehicles.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Smart Vehicle Cabin Market
- Decline in production and sales of vehicles due to the COVID-19 pandemic led to a decline in demand for smart vehicle cabin. However, in the post-COVID phase, these solutions are expected to witness high demand owing to their possible applications for filtering cabin air, monitoring the vitals of vehicle occupants, and providing touchless access to various in-cabin systems.
North America and Europe hold significant share of Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market
- North America and Europe account for a significant share of the global smart vehicle cabin market, as OEMs including Daimler AG, BMW AG, and Tesla are continuously developing next-generation vehicles that are equipped with smart cabin technologies. Furthermore, the purchasing power of populations in North America and Europe is fueling the demand for vehicles equipped with smart cabin, thereby propelling their share in the global smart vehicle cabin market.
Key Players Operating in Smart Vehicle Cabin Market
The smart vehicle cabin market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the smart vehicle cabin market are:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- BlackBerry Limited
- HYUNDAI MOBIS
- Panasonic Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Xperi Corporation
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market: Research Scope
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market, by Application
- Cabin conditioning
- In-cabin monitoring
- Wireless Connectivity
- Haptic HMI
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market, by Component/System
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Buses & Coaches
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market, by Propulsion
- I.C Engine Vehicle
- Gasoline Vehicle
- Diesel Vehicle
- Electric Vehicle
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market, by Sales Channel
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.