Smart Vehicle Cabin Market: Introduction
- The automobile cabin has witnessed significant transformation over the last few years to become more human centric in order to offer better safety, comfort, and ride experience. These new vehicle cabins with smart surfaces, multi-modal inputs, wireless connectivity, and a wide array of functionalities are termed as smart cabins or intelligent cabins.
- Smart vehicle cabins utilize an array of advanced sensors, interactive human machine interface (HMI), and specially engineered materials to better analyze the behavior of vehicle occupants, their requirements, and surroundings to adjust the dynamics of vehicle cabin such as temperature, speaker volume, radio station, and lighting. These multiple benefits of smart vehicle cabins along with increased safety is further fueling their demand.
Key Drivers of Smart Vehicle Cabin Market
- Demand for next-generation vehicles is increasing due to a rise in the purchasing power of consumers. Consequently, changing demands of consumers is prompting OEMs to incorporate advanced systems in their vehicles, which render different levels of autonomy and increase convenience of driver and passengers. Vehicle cabin is at the core of this transformation and hence, witnessing high integration of intelligent technologies that enhance the safety and ride experience. For instance, Daimler AG’s MBUX Interior Assistant uses an artificial intelligence-based gesture input system to enhance the interaction of vehicle occupants with the vehicle. This integration of advanced technologies coupled with growing popularity of next-generation vehicles is driving the smart vehicle cabin market across the globe.
- Rise in number of on-road vehicles has resulted in high number of road traffic accidents, thus creating awareness about driver and passenger safety. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that in 2017, 6.5 million road-traffic accident were reported across the U. S. Majority of these accidents are caused due to driver distraction, which in turn is fueling the requirement for efficient in-cabin monitoring systems such as vital signs monitoring, life presence detection, passenger classification. The European Union has mandated installation of in-cabin driver monitoring solutions in all cars sold across Europe from 2022. Thus, growing awareness about vehicle safety and regulatory transformations relevant to it are fueling the global smart vehicle cabin market.
Challenges in Smart Vehicle Cabin Market
- Smart vehicle cabins are powered by various connectivity technologies that makes them highly vulnerable to cyber-attacks and pose a threat to data privacy of users, thereby hampering the global smart vehicle cabin market. Furthermore, these systems increase the overall cost of vehicles, which restricts their application to luxury vehicles.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Smart Vehicle Cabin Market
- Decline in production and sales of vehicles due to the COVID-19 pandemic led to a decline in demand for smart vehicle cabin. However, in the post-COVID phase, these solutions are expected to witness high demand owing to their possible applications for filtering cabin air, monitoring the vitals of vehicle occupants, and providing touchless access to various in-cabin systems.
North America and Europe hold significant share of Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market
- North America and Europe account for a significant share of the global smart vehicle cabin market, as OEMs including Daimler AG, BMW AG, and Tesla are continuously developing next-generation vehicles that are equipped with smart cabin technologies. Furthermore, the purchasing power of populations in North America and Europe is fueling the demand for vehicles equipped with smart cabin, thereby propelling their share in the global smart vehicle cabin market.
Key Players Operating in Smart Vehicle Cabin Market
The smart vehicle cabin market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the smart vehicle cabin market are:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- BlackBerry Limited
- HYUNDAI MOBIS
- Panasonic Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Xperi Corporation
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market: Research Scope
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market, by Application
- Cabin conditioning
- In-cabin monitoring
- Wireless Connectivity
- Haptic HMI
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market, by Component/System
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Buses & Coaches
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market, by Propulsion
- I.C Engine Vehicle
- Gasoline Vehicle
- Diesel Vehicle
- Electric Vehicle
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market, by Sales Channel
Global Smart Vehicle Cabin Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!