Sludge Treatment and Disposal Equipment Market: Introduction
- Increased per capita water consumption and rise in urban population have resulted in scarcity of fresh water resources. This has increased the demand for fresh water resources.
- People in developed and emerging countries are increasingly adopting different techniques of wastewater treatment due to the scarcity of fresh water resources.
- Efficient and innovative sludge treatment and disposal equipment are increasingly being adopted in developed and developing countries as they help in efficient disposal of sludge by reducing its volume.
Sludge Treatment and Disposal Equipment Market: Dynamics
- People are increasingly focusing on wastewater treatment nowadays, in both developing and emerging countries. The release of large volume of wastewater into water bodies used for urban supply and agricultural causes serious threat to the availability of fresh water resources.
- At present, sludge treatment is one of the major activities of a wastewater treatment plant in order to reduce volume of sludge and its efficient disposal.
- Therefore, scarcity of water resources boosts the growth of the wastewater treatment industry and this is likely to drive the sludge treatment and disposal equipment market.
- Wastewater treatment plant operators mostly dump untreated dewatered sludge in open landfills due to poor regularity frameworks.
- This is mostly prevalent in developing countries where sludge and wastewater treatment faces many challenges.
- Thus, poor compliance rate and nascent regulatory framework in developing countries are expected to hamper the growth of the market in the next few years.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
Sludge Treatment and Disposal Equipment Market: Segmentation Analysis
- Based on product, the global sludge treatment and disposal equipment market can be divided into screw press, belt filter press, centrifuges, and others.
- Based on application, the global sludge treatment and disposal equipment market can be divided into thickening, dewatering, drying and digestion, and incineration.
- The thickening, dewatering, and drying application segment is anticipated to dominate the sludge treatment and disposal equipment market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, this segment is expected to witness rapid growth in the sludge treatment and disposal equipment market.
- On the basis on end-user, the global sludge treatment and disposal equipment market can be divided into municipal, industrial, and others
- The municipal segment accounted for largest share of the sludge treatment and disposal equipment market in 2018. This end-user segment is projected to maintain its dominance in the market over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market for Sludge Treatment and Disposal Equipment
- In terms of region, the global sludge treatment and disposal equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for the leading position in the sludge treatment and disposal equipment market from 2019 to 2027.
- This region is also expected to witness rapid growth in the sludge treatment and disposal equipment market throughout the forecast period
Sludge Treatment and Disposal Equipment Market: Competitive Landscape
- In February 2019, Alfa Laval AB secured a US$ 1.78 Mn contract to supply decanters to a wastewater treatment plant in the U.S.
- In February 2019, Suez SA won a contract to renovate and operate Naples-North (Napoli Nord) and Cuma wastewater treatment plants.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global sludge treatment and disposal equipment market was moderately fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Alfa Laval AB
- Ecolab Inc.
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- Huber SE
- Suez SA
Looking for Exclusive Market Insights from Business Experts? Request a Custom Report here
Global Sludge Treatment and Disposal Equipment Market: Research Scope
Sludge Treatment and Disposal Equipment Market, by product type
- Screw Press
- Belt Filter Press
Sludge Treatment and Disposal Equipment Market, by application
- Thickening, Dewatering, and Drying
- Digestion and Incineration
Sludge Treatment and Disposal Equipment Market, by end-users
Global Sludge Treatment and Disposal Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.