Slot machines are a kind of casino gambling machine with multiple reels that spin when a button is pushed. Slot machines also helps to detect and validate the currency that is injected to play. The machine pays off in accordance with the symbols visible when it ceases to stop. Ease of government regulations is one of the crucial driving factors for the growth of the slot machines market. Slot machines are one of the major revenue contributors to any country despite stringent government regulations across the globe. Employment opportunities coupled with communal welfare funding is anticipated to propel the demand for slot machines in the coming years. Increasing tax revenues generated from slot machines is a key driving factor for the legalization of online gambling. Government initiatives to verify and check the legality of vendors and offer fair opportunities to other market players is expected to drive the growth potential of the slot machine market. Wide availability of substitutes is predicted to restrict the growth of the slot machines market over the forecast period. Revenue generated from slot machines are likely to stimulate the utilization process of social development and welfare in order to attract the local audience. This in turn is expected to drive the development of the slot machine market over the forecast period. Increasing online sale of slot machines is likely to be one of the driving factors for the development of the market over the forecast period. Rise in popularity of reconfigurable electronic gaming machines is projected to impact the growth of the slot machine market over the forecast period. SlotsMillion, an online gambling provider has introduced the technology and is expected that other players are likely to adopt more new kind of technologies in due course of time.
The slot machine market can be classified by technology into computerization, reels, video slot, random number creators, payout percentage, fraud, linked machines, and jackpot errors, among others. Computerization held the significant market share of the slot machines market in 2016 and is likely to retain its dominance over the forecast period. The processer in the slot machines allow for different probabilities of occurrence of any outcome which authenticates the randomness of any event. This is expected to drive the computerization slot machines segment over the forecast period.
By geography, the slot machine market is segregated into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Europe held the dominant market share in 2016 and is likely to retain its dominance over the forecast period. Replacement of customary gambling machineries with radical skill-based machineries is likely to impact the growth of the slot machine market over the forecast period. Massive amounts of international revenue generated through gaming and gambling is expected to drive the slot machine market over the forecast period. North America is expected to hold a significant share of the slot machine market owing to the rise in popularity of slot machines in this region. Ease of government regulations to fuel the growth of revenue generated through gambling is likely to drive the growth prospects of the market in this region. The U.S. is expected to be the major revenue contributor of the slot machines market in North America by the end of the forecast period.
The slot machines market is highly competitive in terms of price, product differentiation, and game type. Vendors are developing new and innovative business models in order to dominate the market share globally. Increase in the adoption of online gambling through constant innovation is likely to drive the slot machine market over the forecast period. Key players in the slot machine market are IGT, Scientific Games, Galaxy Entertainment Group, Aristocrat Leisure, NOVOMATIC Group, Ainsworth Game Technology, ASTRO Gaming, Gaming Partners International, Konami Gaming, Universal Entertainment, and Everi Holdings, among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.