Skin Antiseptic Products: Prerequisite for Surgical Procedures and Other Operations
- Skin antiseptic is a substance that inhibits or slows down the growth of microorganisms on skin. These are more commonly used in hospitals and other medical settings to reduce the risk of infection during surgery and other procedures.
- Skin antiseptics have a large number of applications both in and out of medical settings. In both settings, these are applied to either the skin or mucous membranes.
- These products are used for hand washing, cleaning skin before operation, and skin treatment to reduce the risk of infections in minor cuts, burns, and wounds, etc.
- Several skin antiseptic products are being used with different active ingredients; some of these are approved, while some are under strict review due to safety issues
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market
- Rise in prevalence of hospital-acquired infections resulting from lack of sanitation and precaution is a major driver of the global skin antiseptic products market
- According to data provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) account for around 1.7 million infections and 99,000 associated deaths in hospitals in the U.S.
- Increase in use of surgical units and endoscope reprocesses, and surge in number of surgical procedures are the other factors fuelling the growth of the global skin antiseptic products market
- Moreover, higher number of approved products in developed as well as developing countries contribute to the growth of the global skin antiseptic products market
Request a Sample to Get Extensive Insights into the Skin Antiseptic Products Market
Contamination of Skin Antiseptics to Hamper Market Growth
- Contamination of non-sterile skin antiseptic products could occur after manufacturing or during the manufacturing process. This contamination could lead to harmful effects on skin, which is likely to hamper the growth of the global skin antiseptic products market.
- Side effects such as rashes, swelling, and redness with certain active ingredients in skin antiseptic products is another factor projected to restrain the global market
- Unavailability of approved drugs for apraxia also hampers the growth of the global skin antiseptic products market
Solutions to be Dominant Segment
- In terms of product type, the global skin antiseptic products market can be classified into solutions, swab sticks, and wipes
- The solutions segment accounted for major market share in 2019 owing to easy access to a range of skin antiseptic solutions and rise in demand for solutions in pre-operation in hospitals
Octenidine to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on formulation, the global skin antiseptic products market can be categorized into alcohols, iodine, chlorhexidine, octenidine, and others
- The alcohols segment dominated the global market in 2019 due to surge in demand for alcohol base to be used in combination with other formulations and increase in usage of formulation for pre-injection and pre-operative skin preparation
- Octenidine is expected to be a promising segment during the forecast period owing to better safety profile and regulatory restrictions of substitute products in some regions
Injections Segment Accounted for Major Market Share
- In terms of application, the global skin antiseptic products market can be bifurcated into surgeries and injections
- The injections segment dominated the global market in 2019. Increase in use of antiseptic injections in surgeries, particularly in joint surgeries and higher application in wound care.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
North America to Lead Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market
- In terms of region, the global skin antiseptic products market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global skin antiseptic products market in 2019 due to increase in number of surgeries, higher number of hospital-acquired infection cases, and higher adoption rate of preventive products in surgeries.
- According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the number of orthopedic surgical procedures increased in the U.S. from 2,740,000 in 2001 to 3,785,000 in 2011, a 38% rise in 10 years.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a highly lucrative market during the forecast period owing to increase in awareness about hospital-acquired infections, rise in number of sports & accidental injuries, and improving health care infrastructure in the region
Key players in Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market
Key players operating in the global skin antiseptic products market are:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Johnson & Johnson
- Becton, Dickinson, and Company (BD)
- Schulke & Mayr GmbH
- Sage Products LLC
- Acto Pharma
- Avrio Health L.P.
Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market: Research Scope
Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market, by Product Type
- Swab Sticks
Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market, by Formulation
Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market, by Application
Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.