A transformer is a static electro-magnetic electrical device which operates on Faraday’s law of electromagnetism by converting electrical energy from one value to another. Single phase transformers are electrical devices which transfer energy between circuits through electromagnetic induction. This type of transformer generally consists of two electrical coils of wire, known as primary winding and secondary winding. The windings of these transformers are enclosed in pressurized and sealed tanks, and are air-cooled. Moreover, it provides safety against leakage and fire, and also reduces health and environmental concerns. Single phase transformers can withstand moisture and have better short circuit strength and impulse compared to liquid filled transformers. This type of devices are widely used in industrial as well as domestic segments.
The key driving factors for single phase transformer market are increasing demand for electricity worldwide and extensive applicability of these transformers in distribution of electricity. Rapid industrialization in emerging countries coupled with rapid expansion of electricity transmission network globally is likely to fuel the growth of the market for single phase transformers. Moreover, these transformers have various safety advantages over liquid-filled transformers. Thus, single phase transformers are largely used in mining, marine, oil & gas and other industries, which have specific voltage requirements, owing to importance of fire safety in these sectors. Considering all these factors, the market for single phase transformers is expected to witness strong growth during the forecast period. However, factors such as high cost of these devices and lack of government investment in grid stability are restraining the market growth to some extent.
Single phase transformer market can be broadly classified on the basis of voltage, technology, applications and geography. By voltage, the market is segmented into low voltage and medium voltage. The low voltage segment is likely to hold the largest share of the market by 2024. Low voltage transformers are very efficient and reduces the risk of electric shock, thereby providing protection to the user. The market is divided by technology into VPI single phase transformer and cast resin single phase transformer. Moreover, these transformers have different application areas including commercial and industrial among others. The industrial application segment is anticipated to grow significantly during the forecast period. The major reason is attributed to increasing development of electricity distribution network in industrial sectors. By geography, the single phase transformer market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia pacific, Middle East and Africa and Latin America.
Currently Asia Pacific is dominating the market for single phase transformer in terms of revenue, followed by North America and Europe. The major reason is attributed to increasing government investments and development of long-distance projects in Asia Pacific. Countries such as Japan and China among others are continuously focused on investing significant amounts for the expansion of this market. Moreover, Latin America and Africa are also anticipated to enhance investments in power sector in the future, which in turn is likely to fuel the growth of single phase transformer market. The rate of industrialization is also high in South Africa and Brazil and many power infrastructure development projects are being planned in these regions of the world. In addition, power distribution and transmission infrastructure is also expanding in the Middle East. Huge investments are being made by the government of Saudi Arabia and Iran among others. Developing economies such as China, India, Russia, Brazil and South-Africa are likely to be attractive market for single phase transformers.
Top players in this market are ABB Ltd. (Switzerland), Hammond Power Solution Inc. (Canada), General Electric (U.S.), Siemens AG (Germany), Jinpan International Ltd.(China), Schneider Electric (France), Eaton Corporation (Ireland), TBEA Transformer Industrial Group (China), Voltamp Transformer Ltd.(India) and Crompton Graves Ltd. (India).
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.