Global Single-cell Omics Market: Introduction
Single cell genome-wide approaches provide a valuable opportunity to measure different molecules, such as DNA, RNA, protein, and chromatin with ultimate resolution. Utilizing these different single cell omics profiling strategies as building blocks, we can construct a multi-omics profile for the same cell. Development of high-throughput next-generation sequencing technology has enabled multiomics analysis at single-cell resolution. Single-cell multiomics would also enhance our understanding of the cellular properties and population architectures of heterogeneous tissues and provide snapshots of the interplay between these multiomics molecular layers and the complexity encompassing every level of biological organization. Single-cell omics are becoming increasingly prevalent, owing to continuous technological improvements and they contribute to the discovery of new and rare cell types as well as deciphering of disease pathogenesis and outcome. Single-cell omics have great potential in deciphering virus biology and virus-host cell interactions, and are a powerful tool in virology that should be applied more often in the future.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Single-cell Omics Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Single-cell Omics Market
Technological Advancements in Single-cell Analysis Products
New advances of single-cell technologies are facilitating the opportunity to discern biological insights within individual cells. Single-cell technologies can be crudely split between those that enable single-cell separation and those that enable single-cell analysis. From the cell separation perspective, new approaches that isolate single living cells from a fluid sample; manipulate cells for image-based selection; utilize infrared laser capture; and those that compartmentalize individual cells into picoliter droplets are of great interest. New single-cell platforms facilitate separation and analysis, and in some cases both the potential development of these technologies and their limitations are rapidly being developed and are proving of increasing interest to researchers, particularly in the area of single cell genomics.
Growing Biotechnology and Biopharmaceutical Industries
Large-scale biotech-manufacturing facilities require US$ 200 Mn to US$ 500 Mn or more to build, compared with similar-scale small-molecule facilities that may cost just US$ 30 Mn to US$ 100 Mn. Rapid growth and increasing importance of the industry is producing new challenges and opportunities. Biopharma players must revisit and fundamentally reassess many of the strategies, technologies, and operational approaches they currently use in order to keep pace.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Single-cell Omics Market
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global single-cell omics market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the near future, primarily due to availability of developed health care infrastructure and continuous research activities for the development of advanced technologies in the region. North America is expected to be followed by Europe during the forecast period.
- The single-cell omics market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in trend of preventive health care measures in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Single-cell Omics Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global single-cell omics market is highly consolidated, with the presence of a small number of key players. Several manufacturers hold a major share of the market in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global single-cell omics market are:
- 10x Genomics, Inc.
- NanoString Technologies, Inc.
- Fluidigm Corporation
- Fluxion Biosciences
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Celsee, Inc.
- BGI Genomics Co. Ltd.
- GE LifeSciences
- Illumina, Inc.
- Takara Bio
- QIAGEN N.V.
Global Single-cell Omics Market: Research Scope
Global Single-cell Omics Market, by Product Type
- Single Cell Genomics
- Single Cell Proteomics
- Single Cell Transcriptomics
- Single Cell Metabolomics
Global Single-cell Omics Market, by Application
- Cell Biology
Global Single-cell Omics Market, by End-user
- Academic & Research Laboratories
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Single-cell Omics Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.