Silicone Textile Chemicals: Introduction
- Silicone textile chemicals are high purity silicone-based chemicals that are majorly used for finishing purposes. Silicone textile chemicals are utilized in the form of fluids, emulsions, oils, and antifoams. They play an important role as softeners and water repellent agents for fabrics of all kinds.
- Silicone textile chemicals impart additional softness and smoothness on the surface of fabrics and textile substrates. In addition to improved tear strength and shade enhancements, silicone softeners also ensure silky soft handle, moisture management.
- Silicone textile chemicals are extensively utilized in textile dyeing and finishing. They improve the abrasion resistance of fabrics, mobility of fibers, tear strength of fabrics, soiling resistance, and static protection. They also decrease yarn and fabric tensile strength by reducing fiber cohesion, reduce sewing thread breakage, pilling, and flammability.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Silicone Textile Chemicals Market
- Silicone textile chemicals are widely used across the textile industry, since they possess several excellent properties such as low surface tension, high water repellency, easy release and good lubricity; they are chemically inactive. Increasing demand for textile usage in various applications is expected to fuel the global silicone textile chemicals market in the next few years.
- Rise in demand for technical textiles is boosting the market. Rising research & development and expansion of various end-user verticals, such as the textile industry especially in developing economies, also propel the market. Numerous emerging markets, growing adoption of low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) and biodegradable materials for textile manufacturing, and growing awareness about the versatile properties of silicone are estimated to further fuel the market.
- Stringent environmental regulations regarding disposal of textile effluents is expected to hamper the silicone textile chemicals market in the near future
Silicone Textile Chemicals: Form Type Segment
- In terms of form, the global silicone textile chemicals market can be divided into fluids, emulsions, antifoams, and others
- The fluids segment is projected to hold a major share of the global silicone textile chemicals market during the forecast period, as it is suitable for all fabrics, especially for blended fabric such as polyester, nylon acrylic and its blends. The fluid form of silicone textile chemicals are used for textile finishing for low-yellowing light-coloured fabrics.
- The emulsions segment is projected to follow the fluids segment during the forecast period. Industries use silicone emulsions for various applications, including anti-slip agents, gloss enhancers, lubricants, smoothing agents, softeners, and water repellents. High demand for emulsion in the textile industry is driving the global silicone textile chemicals market.
Silicone Textile Chemicals: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global silicone textile chemicals market can be segmented into apparel, home and office furnishing, technical textiles, and others
- The apparel segment is projected to gain higher share of the global market during the forecast period. The textile industry uses silicone emulsions to reduce creasing, enhance the texture and appearance of fabrics, add strength and tear resistance, and repel water. Silicone textile chemicals is mostly utilized to obtain better softness properties on textile fabrics. It improves the abrasion resistance of fabrics, mobility of fibers, tear strength of fabrics, soiling resistance, and static protection. This factor is projected to boost the global market for silicone textile chemicals in the next few years.
- The technical textiles segment is projected to hold a key share of the global silicone textile chemicals market in the near future. Rise in use of silicone textile chemicals for automotive applications, medical textiles, geotextiles, and protective clothing is projected to propel the global silicone textile chemicals market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact on Silicone Textile Chemicals Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Manufacturing of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, and other reasons. This is expected to hamper the silicone textile chemicals market.
Asia Pacific to hold a leading share of silicone textile chemicals market
- In terms of region, the silicone textile chemicals market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold a major share of the global silicone textile chemicals market, followed by Europe and North America, during the forecast period. This can be attributed to intensified competition and the availability of higher production capacity of silicone textile chemicals in Asia Pacific. China is estimated to dominate the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period owing to expansion of the textile industry, increased expenditure by the government on infrastructure programs, and rising industrialization.
- The silicone textile chemicals market in North America and Europe is projected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future owing to high demand for silicone textile chemicals in home and office furnishings in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Silicone Textile Chemicals Market
The silicone textile chemicals market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the silicone textile chemicals market include:
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Om Tex Chem Private Limited
- HT Fine Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Rudolf GmbH
- Americos Industries Inc.
- NICCA USA Inc.
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Graf Chemicals
- Fineotex Chemical Limited
Silicone Textile Chemicals: Research Scope
Silicone Textile Chemicals Market, by Form
Silicone Textile Chemicals Market, by Application
- Home and Office Furnishing
- Technical Textiles
Global Silicone Textile Chemicals Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa