Rise in Prevalence of Cancer to Boost Global Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market
- Cancer has a major impact on society across the world. According to the WHO, cancer is the second leading cause of death in the world. In 2018, over 9.6 million people succumbed to cancer globally. More than 70% of deaths due to cancer occur in low to middle income countries. Rise in prevalence of cancer has led to the introduction of novel therapeutics in the market.
- Silent cancer therapeutics are targeted at cancers that are diagnosed at a late stage. Due to the asymptomatic nature of these diseases, diagnosis becomes difficult till the disease progresses to an advanced stage. Some silent types of cancer include ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, esophagus cancer, liver cancer, and kidney cancer.
- Prostate cancer is a slow progressing cancer in men, and mostly occurs after the age of 60–65. Ignorance of prostate cancer symptoms generally leaves most of the male population undiagnosed. There is a large undiagnosed patient pool of prostate cancer globally, especially in developing countries where the health care facilities are not capable enough to take care of the diseased population.
- Reduced morbidity rate in the developed economies increase the geriatric population and is considered to be one of the major causes of different types of cancer. According to the Prostate Cancer Foundation, majority of prostate cancer cases are diagnosed in men over 65. Hence, sedentary lifestyle of people in the developed countries, consistent rise in the geriatric population, and increase in prevalence of obesity at an early age augment the prevalence of cancer globally.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, half of all colorectal and cervical cancers in the U.S. are not diagnosed until stage three or four, which means the tumors have already migrated to other organs and tissues
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market
- Introduction of highly sensitive molecular techniques such as digital PCR (dPCR) and next generation sequencing (NGS) has enabled researchers to detect the presence of cancer genomic material in peripheral biofluids. These innovative technologies provide a comparatively less invasive and less expensive method of diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy selection in patients during their treatment plan.
- Increase in research and development activities for cancer diagnostics and therapeutics is anticipated to drive the global Silent cancer therapeutics market. Major cancer diagnostics companies are entering into strategic alliances with pharmaceutical companies to develop anti-cancer drugs and imaging tests in order to attain leadership position in the cancer diagnostics market.
- Biocept, Inc. entered into an agreement with a biopharmaceutical company to develop targeted liquid biopsy tests for multiple tumor types and molecular targets. In January 2016, QIAGEN and Tokai Pharmaceuticals entered into a partnership to commercialize the first regulated CTC-based companion diagnostic for prostate cancer.
Silent Cancer Therapeutics to Witness High Demand
- The global silent cancer therapeutics market can be segmented based on type of cancer, mode of treatment, and region. In terms of type of cancer, the global silent cancer therapeutics market can be classified into ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, renal cancer, liver cancer, cervical cancer, brain cancer, and others.
- Based on mode of treatment, the global silent cancer therapeutics market can be categorized into chemotherapy, radiotherapy, targeted therapy, and others
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market
- In terms of region, the global silent cancer therapeutics market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness significant demand for silent cancer therapeutics from 2019 to 2027. High prevalence of cancer along with low diagnosis rate and developing health care infrastructure in emerging countries such as China and India are projected to drive the silent cancer therapeutics market in the region.
- According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) data, around 800,000 new cancer cases were diagnosed in India in 2015, and 70% of these cases were detected in the advanced stage, showing poor survival and high mortality rates.
Key Manufacturers in Global Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market
The global silent cancer therapeutics market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Celgene Corporation
- Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Merck KGaA
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Bayer AG
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Global Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Mode of Treatment
- Targeted Therapy
Global Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Type of Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Renal Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Brain Cancer
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.