Rise in Prevalence of Cancer to Boost Global Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market
- Cancer has a major impact on society across the world. According to the WHO, cancer is the second leading cause of death in the world. In 2018, over 9.6 million people succumbed to cancer globally. More than 70% of deaths due to cancer occur in low to middle income countries. Rise in prevalence of cancer has led to the introduction of novel therapeutics in the market.
- Silent cancer therapeutics are targeted at cancers that are diagnosed at a late stage. Due to the asymptomatic nature of these diseases, diagnosis becomes difficult till the disease progresses to an advanced stage. Some silent types of cancer include ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, esophagus cancer, liver cancer, and kidney cancer.
- Prostate cancer is a slow progressing cancer in men, and mostly occurs after the age of 60–65. Ignorance of prostate cancer symptoms generally leaves most of the male population undiagnosed. There is a large undiagnosed patient pool of prostate cancer globally, especially in developing countries where the health care facilities are not capable enough to take care of the diseased population.
- Reduced morbidity rate in the developed economies increase the geriatric population and is considered to be one of the major causes of different types of cancer. According to the Prostate Cancer Foundation, majority of prostate cancer cases are diagnosed in men over 65. Hence, sedentary lifestyle of people in the developed countries, consistent rise in the geriatric population, and increase in prevalence of obesity at an early age augment the prevalence of cancer globally.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, half of all colorectal and cervical cancers in the U.S. are not diagnosed until stage three or four, which means the tumors have already migrated to other organs and tissues
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market
- Introduction of highly sensitive molecular techniques such as digital PCR (dPCR) and next generation sequencing (NGS) has enabled researchers to detect the presence of cancer genomic material in peripheral biofluids. These innovative technologies provide a comparatively less invasive and less expensive method of diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy selection in patients during their treatment plan.
- Increase in research and development activities for cancer diagnostics and therapeutics is anticipated to drive the global Silent cancer therapeutics market. Major cancer diagnostics companies are entering into strategic alliances with pharmaceutical companies to develop anti-cancer drugs and imaging tests in order to attain leadership position in the cancer diagnostics market.
- Biocept, Inc. entered into an agreement with a biopharmaceutical company to develop targeted liquid biopsy tests for multiple tumor types and molecular targets. In January 2016, QIAGEN and Tokai Pharmaceuticals entered into a partnership to commercialize the first regulated CTC-based companion diagnostic for prostate cancer.
Silent Cancer Therapeutics to Witness High Demand
- The global silent cancer therapeutics market can be segmented based on type of cancer, mode of treatment, and region. In terms of type of cancer, the global silent cancer therapeutics market can be classified into ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, renal cancer, liver cancer, cervical cancer, brain cancer, and others.
- Based on mode of treatment, the global silent cancer therapeutics market can be categorized into chemotherapy, radiotherapy, targeted therapy, and others
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market
- In terms of region, the global silent cancer therapeutics market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness significant demand for silent cancer therapeutics from 2019 to 2027. High prevalence of cancer along with low diagnosis rate and developing health care infrastructure in emerging countries such as China and India are projected to drive the silent cancer therapeutics market in the region.
- According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) data, around 800,000 new cancer cases were diagnosed in India in 2015, and 70% of these cases were detected in the advanced stage, showing poor survival and high mortality rates.
Key Manufacturers in Global Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market
The global silent cancer therapeutics market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Celgene Corporation
- Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Merck KGaA
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Bayer AG
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Global Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Mode of Treatment
- Targeted Therapy
Global Silent Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Type of Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Renal Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Brain Cancer
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.