Signal Conditioning Modules: Introduction
- Signal conditioning modules are used for filtering, amplification, isolation, and range matching, to make the output suitable for processing after conditioning.
- Sample and log amplifiers, peak detectors, instrumentation amplifiers, and hold amplifiers are the most commonly used amplifiers in signal conditioning.
- Signal conditioning modules are used in various industries such as oil & gas, energy & power, chemical processing, food & beverage, metal & mining, paper & pulp, water & wastewater, and aerospace & defense.
Rise in Demand from the Food & Beverage Industry
- The food & beverage segment is likely to be the fastest growing segment of the global signal conditioning modules market during the forecast period.
- The rising adoption of process automation and instrumentation is seen to increase productivity and efficiency of manufacturing plants. Many food & beverage companies are increasingly adopting process automation and instrumentation to optimize infrastructure and processes to enhance efficiency of operations. This is likely to drive the demand for signal conditioning modules during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, countries such as the US, China, Brazil, and India are experiencing high demand for processed foods to meet the demands of a growing population. This propels the demand for signal conditioning modules for processed foods.
- By form factor, DIN rail-mounted signal conditioning modules segment is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period as these modules offer signal conversion and isolation for a wide range of process inputs, such as thermocouples, RTDs, frequency, current, resistance, and potentiometers. They are also widely adopted across several industries, as they are a critical part of data acquisition systems.
- The major restraint of the signal conditioning modules market is supply chain disruptions due to lockdowns in leading economies due to COVID-19.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Signal Conditioning Modules Market
- In terms of region, the global signal conditioning modules market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to experience the fastest growth in the signal conditioning modules market during the forecast period due to increasing demand from countries such as Japan, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, South Korea, and India.
- The rising demand for applications such as galvanic isolation of standard signals, and measurement of voltages and currents is likely to propel the growth of the signal conditioning modules market in the region.
- Moreover, high economic growth of the APAC region and increasing demand for energy and oil & gas have led to an increase in the implementation of signal conditioners across data acquisition and process control applications, thus fueling the growth of the signal conditioning modules market.
- The market in North America is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to a well-established and sustainable economy which helps the region to strongly invest in research and development activities in signal conditioning modules.
- On the other hand, the market in Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Signal Conditioning Modules Market
The global signal conditioning modules market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to meet the rising demand for signal conditioning modules. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global signal conditioning modules market include:
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Siemens AG
- Phoenix Contact GmbH & Co. KG
- Schneider Electric
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- Advantech Co., Ltd.
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Weidmüller Interface GmbH & Co. Kg
- Moore Industries
Global Signal Conditioning Modules Market: Research Scope
Global Signal Conditioning Modules Market, by Form Factor
- DIN rail-/rack-mounted modules
- Standalone/modular modules
Global Signal Conditioning Modules Market, by Input Type
- Temperature input
- Process input
- Frequency input
Global Signal Conditioning Modules Market, by Application
- Data acquisition
- Process control
Global Signal Conditioning Modules Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Energy & Power
- Chemical Processing
- Food & Beverage
- Metal & Mining
- Paper & Pulp
- Water & Wastewater
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Signal Conditioning Modules Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa