Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market: Introduction
- Sick sinus syndrome is a group disorder including three heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias): sinus bradycardia (a slow heart rate), tachycardias (fast heart rates), and bradycardia-tachycardia (alternating slow and fast heart rhythms). Atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter/tachycardia, and supraventricular tachycardia are various types of tachycardia.
- The disorder is the result of a number of heart conditions that may cause scarring, degeneration, or damage to the heart. Heart attack, idiopathic degenerative disease, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, and structural defects in the heart are various diseases which may lead to sick sinus syndrome.
- Increase in prevalence of heart diseases, rise in demand for new therapeutic options to treat sick sinus syndrome, and surge in geriatric population are expected to drive the global sick sinus syndrome treatment market during the forecast period
- According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Product, the U.S. is likely to have about 72.1 million geriatric population by 2030, which is more than twice the number in 2000.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market
- Rise in adoption of newly developed therapeutics in cardiology and high incidence of the diseases are projected to drive the global sick sinus syndrome treatment market
- There is an alarming rise in incidence of heart related diseases, especially in the developed countries, which is anticipated to boost the growth of the sick sinus syndrome market during the forecast period
- A study conducted by Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) and Cardiovascular Health Study (CHS) in the U.S. in 2014 revealed that the incidence of sick sinus syndrome was 0.8 per 1,000 person-years.
- More than half of the patients with sick sinus syndrome develop tachybrady syndrome i.e., developing alternating bradycardia and tachycardia. In the U.S., around 30% to 50% patients opting for cardiac implantation show sick sinus syndrome as primary indication. In a 50 months follow-up study of patients with sick sinus syndrome, the mortality rate was found to be 18%.
- Increase in awareness about diagnosis and treatment of heart disorders is another important factor likely to drive the market. Rise in health education initiatives about heart diseases to seek early treatment and prevent risk factors causing sick sinus syndrome are developing in emerging regions, which is anticipated to fuel the expansion of the global sick sinus syndrome treatment market
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the sick sinus syndrome treatment market. Increase in research & development activities for development of new drugs and strengthening of pipeline for cardiac diseases is likely to drive the sick sinus syndrome in the region.
- Presence of prominent market players in the U.S. and increase in number of hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers providing treatment of various cardiovascular diseases is expected to fuel the growth of the sick sinus syndrome treatment market in the U.S.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
Major players operating in the global sick sinus syndrome treatment market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Impax laboratories inc
- C. Zentiva S.A.
- UPSHER-SMITH LABORATORIES, LLC
- Erfa Canada Inc.
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- DSM Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Global Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market, by Drug Class
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Anti-arrhythmic Drugs
Global Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.