Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market: Introduction
- Sick sinus syndrome is a group disorder including three heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias): sinus bradycardia (a slow heart rate), tachycardias (fast heart rates), and bradycardia-tachycardia (alternating slow and fast heart rhythms). Atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter/tachycardia, and supraventricular tachycardia are various types of tachycardia.
- The disorder is the result of a number of heart conditions that may cause scarring, degeneration, or damage to the heart. Heart attack, idiopathic degenerative disease, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, and structural defects in the heart are various diseases which may lead to sick sinus syndrome.
- Increase in prevalence of heart diseases, rise in demand for new therapeutic options to treat sick sinus syndrome, and surge in geriatric population are expected to drive the global sick sinus syndrome treatment market during the forecast period
- According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Product, the U.S. is likely to have about 72.1 million geriatric population by 2030, which is more than twice the number in 2000.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market
- Rise in adoption of newly developed therapeutics in cardiology and high incidence of the diseases are projected to drive the global sick sinus syndrome treatment market
- There is an alarming rise in incidence of heart related diseases, especially in the developed countries, which is anticipated to boost the growth of the sick sinus syndrome market during the forecast period
- A study conducted by Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) and Cardiovascular Health Study (CHS) in the U.S. in 2014 revealed that the incidence of sick sinus syndrome was 0.8 per 1,000 person-years.
- More than half of the patients with sick sinus syndrome develop tachybrady syndrome i.e., developing alternating bradycardia and tachycardia. In the U.S., around 30% to 50% patients opting for cardiac implantation show sick sinus syndrome as primary indication. In a 50 months follow-up study of patients with sick sinus syndrome, the mortality rate was found to be 18%.
- Increase in awareness about diagnosis and treatment of heart disorders is another important factor likely to drive the market. Rise in health education initiatives about heart diseases to seek early treatment and prevent risk factors causing sick sinus syndrome are developing in emerging regions, which is anticipated to fuel the expansion of the global sick sinus syndrome treatment market
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the sick sinus syndrome treatment market. Increase in research & development activities for development of new drugs and strengthening of pipeline for cardiac diseases is likely to drive the sick sinus syndrome in the region.
- Presence of prominent market players in the U.S. and increase in number of hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers providing treatment of various cardiovascular diseases is expected to fuel the growth of the sick sinus syndrome treatment market in the U.S.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom
Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
Major players operating in the global sick sinus syndrome treatment market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Impax laboratories inc
- C. Zentiva S.A.
- UPSHER-SMITH LABORATORIES, LLC
- Erfa Canada Inc.
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- DSM Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Global Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market, by Drug Class
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Anti-arrhythmic Drugs
Global Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Sick Sinus Syndrome Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.