Shipboard Incineration Market Introduction
- During the operation of a ship, waste material such as oily rags, waste oil from oily water separator, and galley waste is generated; shipboard incineration is used to incinerate or burn waste material or products such as sludge waste generated on board. Additionally, a ship with hospital facilities use shipboard incineration for medical waste.
- Shipboard incineration are pressure vessels used for processing parts and waste materials which require exposure to high temperature and pressure. Shipboard incineration are mainly available in round and cylindrical shapes.
- Shipboard incineration fundamentally undertakes two main functions - sterilization of waste material and generating steam. The maintenance cost of shipboard incineration is minimal.
- The global shipboard incineration market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to their increasing demand from passenger ships and tankers.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of the Shipboard Incineration Market
- Shipboard incineration is more reliable than other sterilizing equipment, which is expected to fuel their demand in the near future.
- Increasingly stringent government regulations regarding proper disposal of sludge waste generated on board is resulting in enhanced demand for shipboard incineration. This is anticipated to propel the shipboard incineration market.
- Additionally, the strict MARPOL Annex 5 regulation, which stipulates that no garbage is to be thrown into the sea is resulting in increased demand for shipboard incineration.
- Further, raising slandered of MARPOL makes shipboard incineration necessary on a ship, thus augmenting the market growth.
- Rapid growth of marine industry is anticipated to fuel the demand for shipboard incineration.
- Huge quantity of oily rags are generated in the engine room of a ship and they have the potential threat of catching fire; demand for shipboard incineration is thus increasing globally to avoid these types of threats.
- Increase in the import and export of medical devices mandating the installation of shipboard incineration in ships, cargo, etc. is projected to boost the demand for shipboard incineration globally.
High Cost of Shipboard Incineration Hindering the Market
- Shipboard incineration is expensive, which is a major factor expected to hamper the market growth. They also need to be precisely installed for smooth operation and require regular maintenance.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Shipboard Incineration Market
- In terms of region, the global shipboard incineration market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America dominated the global shipboard incineration market in 2019, accounting for a significant share due to the presence of well-established manufacturers of shipboard incineration in the region, particularly in the U.S. The U.S. is a key market in North America due to the presence of advanced technology providers who generate demand for shipboard incineration in the country.
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness significantly high demand for shipboard incineration from 2019 to 2027. Major developing countries such as China and India are expected to drive the market in the region. This is primarily because China is the top exporting country around the world.
Shipboard Incineration Market- Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Shipboard Incineration Market
Several local, regional, and international players operate in the shipboard incineration market. Hence, the market is consolidated and the bargaining power of suppliers is high. Market players are increasing research and development activities in the shipboard incineration market. Manufacturers of shipboard incineration adopt the vital strategy of new product development with advanced technology to cater to the needs of different end-users. Key players operating in the global shipboard incineration market include:
- DESARROLLO TÉCNICAS INDUSTRIALES DE GALICIA S.A.
- Fuente International
- ACS, Inc.
- TeamTec AS
- China Deyuan Marine Fitting Co., Ltd.
- INCINER8 Limited
- Alfa Laval
- ATLAS INCINERATORS ApS
- Hansun (Shanghai) Marine Technology
- Scanship Environmental AS
- Kangrim Heavy Industries
- Mavi Deniz Environmental Protection Co.
- Wärtsilä Corporation
Shipboard Incineration Market: Research Scope
Global Shipboard Incineration Market Segmentation, by Type
Global Shipboard Incineration Market Segmentation, by Application
- Passenger Ships
- Fishing Boats
- Cargo Ships
Global Shipboard Incineration Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.