Shipboard Incineration Market Introduction
- During the operation of a ship, waste material such as oily rags, waste oil from oily water separator, and galley waste is generated; shipboard incineration is used to incinerate or burn waste material or products such as sludge waste generated on board. Additionally, a ship with hospital facilities use shipboard incineration for medical waste.
- Shipboard incineration are pressure vessels used for processing parts and waste materials which require exposure to high temperature and pressure. Shipboard incineration are mainly available in round and cylindrical shapes.
- Shipboard incineration fundamentally undertakes two main functions - sterilization of waste material and generating steam. The maintenance cost of shipboard incineration is minimal.
- The global shipboard incineration market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to their increasing demand from passenger ships and tankers.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of the Shipboard Incineration Market
- Shipboard incineration is more reliable than other sterilizing equipment, which is expected to fuel their demand in the near future.
- Increasingly stringent government regulations regarding proper disposal of sludge waste generated on board is resulting in enhanced demand for shipboard incineration. This is anticipated to propel the shipboard incineration market.
- Additionally, the strict MARPOL Annex 5 regulation, which stipulates that no garbage is to be thrown into the sea is resulting in increased demand for shipboard incineration.
- Further, raising slandered of MARPOL makes shipboard incineration necessary on a ship, thus augmenting the market growth.
- Rapid growth of marine industry is anticipated to fuel the demand for shipboard incineration.
- Huge quantity of oily rags are generated in the engine room of a ship and they have the potential threat of catching fire; demand for shipboard incineration is thus increasing globally to avoid these types of threats.
- Increase in the import and export of medical devices mandating the installation of shipboard incineration in ships, cargo, etc. is projected to boost the demand for shipboard incineration globally.
High Cost of Shipboard Incineration Hindering the Market
- Shipboard incineration is expensive, which is a major factor expected to hamper the market growth. They also need to be precisely installed for smooth operation and require regular maintenance.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Shipboard Incineration Market
- In terms of region, the global shipboard incineration market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America dominated the global shipboard incineration market in 2019, accounting for a significant share due to the presence of well-established manufacturers of shipboard incineration in the region, particularly in the U.S. The U.S. is a key market in North America due to the presence of advanced technology providers who generate demand for shipboard incineration in the country.
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness significantly high demand for shipboard incineration from 2019 to 2027. Major developing countries such as China and India are expected to drive the market in the region. This is primarily because China is the top exporting country around the world.
Shipboard Incineration Market- Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Shipboard Incineration Market
Several local, regional, and international players operate in the shipboard incineration market. Hence, the market is consolidated and the bargaining power of suppliers is high. Market players are increasing research and development activities in the shipboard incineration market. Manufacturers of shipboard incineration adopt the vital strategy of new product development with advanced technology to cater to the needs of different end-users. Key players operating in the global shipboard incineration market include:
- DESARROLLO TÉCNICAS INDUSTRIALES DE GALICIA S.A.
- Fuente International
- ACS, Inc.
- TeamTec AS
- China Deyuan Marine Fitting Co., Ltd.
- INCINER8 Limited
- Alfa Laval
- ATLAS INCINERATORS ApS
- Hansun (Shanghai) Marine Technology
- Scanship Environmental AS
- Kangrim Heavy Industries
- Mavi Deniz Environmental Protection Co.
- Wärtsilä Corporation
Shipboard Incineration Market: Research Scope
Global Shipboard Incineration Market Segmentation, by Type
Global Shipboard Incineration Market Segmentation, by Application
- Passenger Ships
- Fishing Boats
- Cargo Ships
Global Shipboard Incineration Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.