Shelling Machines: Introduction
- Shelling machines are mainly used to separate nuts such as almond, peanuts, and cashew from its shell. The machine includes a separating chamber, shelling chamber, and a motor (1HP).
- Shelling or separation is an important process in the production of groundnut. Shelling is the removal of the groundnut seed from its pod by compression, impact action, and a combination or shearing of more of these methods. The shelling operation is of two types: traditional and mechanical.
- Shelling machines use different types of material depending on durability, cost and availability, strength and rigidity, and weight and friction.
- The global shelling machines market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increasing demand for shelling machines in the agriculture industry.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Shelling Machines Market: Dynamics
Global Shelling Machines Market: Key Drivers
- Shelling machines ease up the process in the assembly line and increases the efficiency of the separation process of groundnuts from its shell. This is expected to boost the demand for shelling machines in agriculture industries during the forecast period.
- Rise in consumption and production of dried fruit products such as almond, cashew, and prune is expected to boost the demand for shelling machines around the world. For instance, according to a report published by the International Nut and Dried Fruit Council, the global production of dried fruits was over 3.1 million metric tons in 2018/2019, which represents an increase of 30% compared to 2012-2013.
- Rise in demand for saving more working time while separating groundnut from its shell is augmenting the demand for shelling machines across the world. This is primarily because traditional shelling is done by stick beating, animal trampling, or pod pressing by hand. This process take considerable time to separate the groundnut from its shell.
- Rising global urban population and per capita income are factors that are likely to push the demand for dried fruits, which indirectly influences the demand for shelling machines.
- Increasing consumer inclination toward convenience stores and advancements of modern retail formats propel the demand for shelling machines, thus fueling the global market in the coming years.
High Cost of Shelling Machines to Hamper the Market
- Shelling machines are expensive and are unaffordable for small-scale farmers and producers, which is a major factor expected to hinder the global shelling machines market in the next few years.
- Furthermore, shelling machines are automatic devices to be used or operated only by skilled labor. This increases the labor cost, which in turn is anticipated to adversely impact the growth of the shelling machines market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
North America to Hold a Major Share of the Global Shelling Machines Market
- North America dominated the global shelling machines market in 2018 due to industrialization and complete mechanization of industries in the region. The U.S. is a key market in North America due to high demand for shelling machines in the country. Europe is anticipated to hold the second largest share of the global shelling machines market in 2018.
- The shelling machines market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace over the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in demand for various forms of dried fruits for exports in the region.
Global Shelling Machines Market: Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Shelling Machines Market
Several local, regional, and international players manufacture shelling machines. Hence, the shelling machines market is fairly fragmented and the bargaining power of suppliers is low. The degree of competition among market players is also high. Shelling machine manufacturers are focused on portfolio expansion and product differentiation and adopt two vital strategies: acquisition and new product development. Key players operating in the global shelling machines market are:
- AMB ROUSSET
- Amisy Shelling Machinery
- Brovind - GBV Impianti Srl
- Buhler Group
- Defino & Giancaspro
- F.H. SCHULE Mühlenbau GmbH
- MIA FOOD TECH
- Nikko Co., Ltd.
- Spectrum Industries
- Tecnoceam srl
- Yung Soon Lih Food Machine Co., Ltd..
Global Shelling Machines Market: Research Scope
Global Shelling Machines Market Segmentation, by Type
- Vertical Type Shelling Machine
- Horizontal Type Shelling Machine
Global Shelling Machines Market Segmentation, by Application
Global Shelling Machines Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.