Shelling Machines: Introduction
- Shelling machines are mainly used to separate nuts such as almond, peanuts, and cashew from its shell. The machine includes a separating chamber, shelling chamber, and a motor (1HP).
- Shelling or separation is an important process in the production of groundnut. Shelling is the removal of the groundnut seed from its pod by compression, impact action, and a combination or shearing of more of these methods. The shelling operation is of two types: traditional and mechanical.
- Shelling machines use different types of material depending on durability, cost and availability, strength and rigidity, and weight and friction.
- The global shelling machines market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increasing demand for shelling machines in the agriculture industry.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Shelling Machines Market: Dynamics
Global Shelling Machines Market: Key Drivers
- Shelling machines ease up the process in the assembly line and increases the efficiency of the separation process of groundnuts from its shell. This is expected to boost the demand for shelling machines in agriculture industries during the forecast period.
- Rise in consumption and production of dried fruit products such as almond, cashew, and prune is expected to boost the demand for shelling machines around the world. For instance, according to a report published by the International Nut and Dried Fruit Council, the global production of dried fruits was over 3.1 million metric tons in 2018/2019, which represents an increase of 30% compared to 2012-2013.
- Rise in demand for saving more working time while separating groundnut from its shell is augmenting the demand for shelling machines across the world. This is primarily because traditional shelling is done by stick beating, animal trampling, or pod pressing by hand. This process take considerable time to separate the groundnut from its shell.
- Rising global urban population and per capita income are factors that are likely to push the demand for dried fruits, which indirectly influences the demand for shelling machines.
- Increasing consumer inclination toward convenience stores and advancements of modern retail formats propel the demand for shelling machines, thus fueling the global market in the coming years.
High Cost of Shelling Machines to Hamper the Market
- Shelling machines are expensive and are unaffordable for small-scale farmers and producers, which is a major factor expected to hinder the global shelling machines market in the next few years.
- Furthermore, shelling machines are automatic devices to be used or operated only by skilled labor. This increases the labor cost, which in turn is anticipated to adversely impact the growth of the shelling machines market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
North America to Hold a Major Share of the Global Shelling Machines Market
- North America dominated the global shelling machines market in 2018 due to industrialization and complete mechanization of industries in the region. The U.S. is a key market in North America due to high demand for shelling machines in the country. Europe is anticipated to hold the second largest share of the global shelling machines market in 2018.
- The shelling machines market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace over the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in demand for various forms of dried fruits for exports in the region.
Global Shelling Machines Market: Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Shelling Machines Market
Several local, regional, and international players manufacture shelling machines. Hence, the shelling machines market is fairly fragmented and the bargaining power of suppliers is low. The degree of competition among market players is also high. Shelling machine manufacturers are focused on portfolio expansion and product differentiation and adopt two vital strategies: acquisition and new product development. Key players operating in the global shelling machines market are:
- AMB ROUSSET
- Amisy Shelling Machinery
- Brovind - GBV Impianti Srl
- Buhler Group
- Defino & Giancaspro
- F.H. SCHULE Mühlenbau GmbH
- MIA FOOD TECH
- Nikko Co., Ltd.
- Spectrum Industries
- Tecnoceam srl
- Yung Soon Lih Food Machine Co., Ltd..
Global Shelling Machines Market: Research Scope
Global Shelling Machines Market Segmentation, by Type
- Vertical Type Shelling Machine
- Horizontal Type Shelling Machine
Global Shelling Machines Market Segmentation, by Application
Global Shelling Machines Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.