Sewing Machine Market
Sewing Machine Market (Product Type: Domestic Sewing Machine and Industrial Sewing Machine [Flat Bed, Cylinder Bed, Post Bed, and Other]; Mode of Operation: Manual, Electronic, and Computerized; End Use: Residential, Commercial, and Industrial; Application: Apparel and Non-apparel [Bags, Car Upholstery, Furniture Clothing, and Others]; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Reopening of Educational Institutes Creates Business Opportunities during Coronavirus Situation
Sewing machines are in high demand in Japan amidst the ongoing COVID-19 era, as Japanese mothers are keen on sewing fabric bags for their children, owing to the start of nursery and elementary school classes during the months of April and March. Some companies in the sewing machine market are increasing their efforts to conduct online classes to encourage mothers and other individuals to learn sewing.
In 2020, when coronavirus was at its peak in March and April, companies in the Japan sewing machine market witnessed a high demand for machines to make DIY facemasks. This trend is predicted to sustain in the first and second quarter of 2021, since schools and educational institutes are set to reopen.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Sewing Machine Market
Limited Features, No Free Arm in Industrial Models Weigh Down Sales
One of the key employment generation industries, sewing, is under scrutiny for innovations in the technology used for various industrial purposes. Although industrial sewing machines have advantages of being durable, customizable, and are easy to use, its disadvantages are weighing down sales. For instance, industrial sewing machines are found to have very limited set of features and in some cases no free arm, which leads to the need for a domestic sewing machine. Hence, companies in the sewing machine market are diversifying their industrial models for garments as well have heavy-duty applications.
Companies in the sewing machine market are educating users about the head, motor, and table of industrial models to help individuals make an informed purchase decision.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Strategic Partnerships Lead to Design of Robust Flat Bed Industrial Sewing Machines
The sewing machine market is projected to reach the valuation of US$ 5 Bn by 2030. The rapidly growing eCommerce platforms are helping machine manufacturers expand their production budgets. Innovations in flat bed industrial sewing machines are grabbing the attention of users. Brother Industries— a Japan-based multinational electronics and electrical equipment company, has joined forces with Pegasus, a specialist in sewing technology, to introduce its Stain Free series and Zebra Stitch machines.
Manufacturers in the sewing machine market are increasing their production capabilities in lockstitch sewing models to meet the needs of users in the apparel industry.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Sewing Machine Market
PC, Wi-Fi Enabled Sewing Machines Deliver Precision Control for Users
The growing number of hobbyists and small commercial establishments have caught the attention of companies in the sewing machine market. In this regard, Usha International— one of India’s leading consumer durable manufacturing & marketing companies, has introduced PC (personal computer) and Wi-Fi enabled sewing machines under its popular Usha Janome Memory Craft range.
Technologically superior features in sewing machines are being preferred by serious sewists who demand precision control and perfection. Manufacturers are tapping into incremental opportunities in the India sewing machine market, since sewing is growing as a hobby. Easy to use sewing cum embroidery machines with USB port for inserting customized designs are in high demand.
Stitch Regulator Technologies Help Beginners Master Free Motion Techniques
Patented innovations for mastering free motion stitching are helping manufacturers gain recognition in the sewing machine market. For instance, Bernina International AG— a privately-owned international manufacturer of sewing and embroidery systems, is gaining recognition for reinvesting a large share of its cash flow into product development of the Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR).
Free motion stitching is necessary to eliminate the hassle associated with maintaining a consistent stitch length. Free motion techniques help sewists to keep the stitch length even and consistent, as the fabric is guided without the assistance of the feed dogs. Companies in the sewing machine market are increasing their R&D in stitch regulator technologies to help beginners master free motion techniques. These technologies are significantly reducing the time to learn free motion techniques.
The coronavirus outbreak has driven many individuals to learn and adopt sewing machines in order to learn sewing as a hobby and support employment opportunities during unprecedented times. Companies in the sewing machine market are innovating in various domestic and industrial models to support the making of high quality jeans and casual trousers that are in demand in countries such as India and Bangladesh. However, industrial models are associated with disadvantages of their heavy weight, noise, and difficult threading. Hence, manufacturers should offset these drawbacks with advantages of strong motors, automatic features, and speed to meet heavy duty and apparel industry applications.
Sewing Machine Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global sewing machine market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, usage of sewing machines in industrial sectors and increasing demand for technical textiles are factors expected to boost the global sewing machine market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global sewing machine market is estimated to reach the value of US$ 5 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period
Technical Textiles Drive Demand for Industrial Sewing Machines Globally: A Key Driver
- Technical textiles, also known as functional fabrics, hold significant importance across various industries, including agriculture, construction, and energy & power
- Their demand across industries is likely to rise in the upcoming years, as these fabrics have high strength, high thermal resistance, superior insulation, and elevated tendency
- Furthermore, the need for such functional clothes is likely to grow, as activities in construction and agriculture industries continue to expand, thus contributing to the demand for industrial sewing machines used for manufacturing functional textile products
Rising Adoption of Automation in Textile and Apparel Industries to Generate Opportunities for Sewing Machine Market
- Rising adoption of automation across factories is likely to drive the demand for automated or technologically advanced sewing machines in the textile industry
- Integration of various technologies such as IoT (Internet of Things), AI (Artificial Intelligence), and 3D printing, have significantly transformed the nature of the sewing machine value chain. The burgeoning need for real-time data and analysis from IoT devices and sensors for remote monitoring is projected to gain preference among sewing machine manufacturers.
- 3D printing technology is already being experimented by manufacturers to cater to customized requirements of consumers, prompting textile manufacturers to focus on mass personalization
Political and Trade Tension: Key Restraint of Sewing Machine Market
- Apparel manufacturers globally face major challenges from feeble trade policies worldwide; for instance, the U.S.-China trade war. This trade war has had major impact on the global apparel industry.
- Besides, China, being the major apparel manufacturer globally, also faces challenges in terms of adoption of new technologies. Chinese apparel manufacturers are in large numbers (at least 80,000) and find it difficult to adapt to new sewing machine technologies, due to strict environment policies imposed by local governments. This is further impeding the growth of technologically advanced sewing machines in markets such as China.
- These factors cumulatively are likely to have an adverse impact on the overall sewing machine market, thus restraining its growth in the near future
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Market
- The overall production and supply of sewing machines were hampered due to the outbreak of COVID-19. However, it has generated immense opportunities for suppliers or retailers to expand their sales channels and increase the overall profitability of their business.
- Companies are working with local governments to reach lockdown places and provide their products to distributors. India and China are expected to be key regions in the sewing machine market post the COVID-19 scenario.
- Several companies are working on modifying their supply chain in order to continue to produce at optimum rate
Sewing Machine Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of sewing machines have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global sewing machine market include
- JACK Sewing Machine Co. Ltd.
- Janome Sewing Machine Co., Ltd.
- JUKI Corporation, MSISM Co. Ltd.
- PEGASUS Sewing Machine Mfg Co. Ltd.
- PFAFF Industriesysteme und Maschinen GmbH
- Seiko Sewing Machine Co., Ltd.
- Singer Corporation
Sewing Machine Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of sewing machines, such as Brother, Singer Corporation, and JUKE are focusing on the production of quality sewing machines to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global sewing machine market are highlighted below:
- In November 2020, JUKI launched the new computer-controlled home sewing machine “Kirei HZL-UX8” as its high-end model of home sewing machines in Europe and the U.S. “Kirei HZL-UX8” comes with the Wireless LAN Internet access function as well as a user-friendly operational feeling similar to a smartphone.
- In August 2020, Brother International Corporation announced its lineup of new 2021 combo sewing and embroidery, and craft machines and accessories that address the growing demand for sewing, quilting, and embroidery enthusiasts, crafters, and entrepreneurs
- In the global sewing machine market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of sewing machine. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global sewing machine market.
Sewing Machine Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global sewing machine market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global sewing machine market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global sewing machine market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period of 2020 - 2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global sewing machine market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global sewing machine market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global sewing machine market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global sewing machine market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Sewing Machine Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the sewing machine market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global sewing machine market between 2018 and 2030?
- What is the future scope and changing trends in technologies in the global sewing machine market?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global sewing machine market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global sewing machine market?
Research Methodology – Sewing Machine Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global sewing machine market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global sewing machine market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, products portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the sewing machine market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from sewing machine industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global sewing machine market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global sewing machine market more reliable and accurate.
Sewing Machine Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global sewing machine market includes information categorized into six sections ? product type, mode of operation, end use, application, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the sewing machine market are discussed in detail.
|Mode of Operation||