Semiconductor metal etching equipment is used in the process of semiconductor etching, which is vital for the manufacturing of semiconductor devices, as it converts the thin metal film into required forms with the help of reaction gases and liquid chemicals. There are mainly two types of etching processes, namely dry and wet etching. Dry etching also known as plasma etching is used for circuit-defining steps and wet etching also known as chemical baths is used generally for wafers cleaning. Prior to start of the etching process by the semiconductor metal etching equipment, a hard mask or nitride is covered on the semiconductor that is exposed to a circuit pattern. This material from the traced pattern is removed by the semiconductor metal etching equipment. This patterning and etching order is continued for certain amount of time during the semiconductor manufacturing procedure. On the other hand, plasma etching is done by spread over electromagnetic energy to a chemically reactive element containing gas. Additionally, positively charged ions are bombard on the wafers by the plasma for etching.
Rising demand for electronic devices such as smartphones and miniaturized semiconductors due to the increasing need for compact electronic devices around the world is expected to boost the global semiconductor metal etching equipment market. Semiconductor IC designers and manufacturers are focusing on minimizing the size of ICs, as the demand for compact electronic devices is rising across various industry verticals including healthcare, automotive, and consumer electronics. Semiconductor metal etching equipment is important in semiconductor circuit miniaturization, as it is used for metal etching to fabricate the wafer. Generally, semiconductors used in electronic devices come with the circuit line having widths in the range of 20nm. However, with the evolving semiconductor technology, circuit line having width in the 10nm range are projected to be launched in the near future.
Hence, demand for etching equipment is expected to increase due to the growing number of miniaturized semiconductor ICs. Semiconductors are very important and a significant part of electronics devices, as they can conduct electricity under certain conditions but not others, which makes them useful for controlling electrical currents. Gartner predicted global revenue from the semiconductor revenue of US$ 411.1 billion in 2017, an increase of 19.7 percent from 2016. Additionally, increasing need for semiconductors is expected to boost the manufacturing of semiconductors and other electronic devices and could have a positive impact on the growth of the global semiconductor metal etching equipment market.
The semiconductor metal etching equipment market can be segmented on the basis of product type, services, and regions. On the basis of product type, the semiconductor metal etching equipment market can be segmented into wet etching equipment, dry etching equipment, and others. On the basis of services, the market can be segmented into consulting services, and others.
Geographically, the semiconductor metal etching equipment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. North America and Europe are expected to lead due to technological advancements, early adoption of semiconductor metal etching equipment across the region, and presence of well-established players in the semiconductor metal etching equipment domain across countries such as the U.S. and Canada. However, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant pace due to the proliferation of smart devices such as smartphones and tablets across larger regional economies such as China and India.
Some of the key players in the semiconductor metal etching equipment market are Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation, JUSUNG ENGINEERING CO., LTD, SEMES Co. Ltd, ULVAC, Mattson Technology, LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION, Applied Materials, Inc., Modutek.com, Panasonic Corporation, Chemcut Corporation, and many more
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.