The global semiconductor memory market is anticipated to develop rapidly within the forecast period from 2015 to 2023. This is credited to increasing penetration of cell phone and advancement in technology combined with increasing adoption and popularity of smart devices. Notable emergence of Solid-State Drives (SSD) and mobile computing technology in the market is additionally foreseen to boost the development of global semiconductor memory market in future. Furthermore, surging demand in electronic sector is also impacting the market growth positively.
The market is witnessing high sales in business and growth on the technological front. However, several government regulations are foreseen to hamper the market. The semiconductor memory market are majorly classified as per types of data storage and data access into non-volatile Read Only Memory (ROM) and volatile Random Access memory (RAM).The item has various applications including flash memory card, code and data storage in MP3 players, mobile phones, and PDAs. These segments play an important role in computing and advanced processing. In addition, the increasing requirements and complexities for advanced computing abilities in several data centers in the world are also providing lucrative opportunities for the key players to invest in the global semiconductor memory market growth.
Evolution in the form of automation and digitalization in entire electronics sector, along with use of memory-based elements in technologically advanced products in several industry verticals such as automobile, IT and telecom, and consumer electronics, etc are escalating the global semiconductor memory market. The expanding usage of semiconductor parts in the electronics and automobile systems, for example, NAND Flash, DRAM, and others, are the key generators for the demand regarding the integrated gadgets and chips. The automobile frameworks, for example, automated safety and luxury and driving and control frameworks that consolidate various storage solutions will give expanded speed and network in self-ruling and electric vehicles. In addition, the high utilization of cell phones, workstations, smart devices, and consumer electronic gadgets over the globe is signifying the necessities for exceptionally productive chips.
Semiconductor Memory Market - Overview
Semiconductor memory is an essential constituent for today’s electronic devices. It’s a kind of device in which digital information is maintained by using IC (Integrated Circuit) technology. These memories are classified on the basis of types of data access and types of data storage and these mechanisms can be categorized in two groups that are volatile RAM (Random Access Memory) and non-volatile ROM (Read Only Memory).
RAM and ROM can be further classified on the basis of technologies and applications available. RAM includes DRAM, SRAM, SDRAM, and MRAM. ROM can be categorized in to PROM, EPROM, EEPROM, Flash memory etc. DRAM, mainstream memory holds a larger market share followed by NAND Flash, 3D ReRAM, NOR Flash. PCRAM is a new technology in the market and possesses better features than conventional memories. It also provides power saving opportunities to customers.
Semiconductor Memory Market - Drivers and Restraints
Growing market for smartphones, tablets and SSD (Solid-state drives) are the major growth drivers for the semiconductor memory market. Government regulations and manufacturing standards might restrict the growth of semiconductor memory market as marketers believe that implementation of these regulations and standards might affect the sourcing of materials and increase the cost of products.
Semiconductor Memory Market - Key Players
Some of the notable companies in semiconductor memory market are Toshiba, SanDisk Corporation, Micron Technology, Inc., Intel, IBM, Fujitsu, Cypress Semiconductor, Samsung, Atmel Corporation, Crocus Technology, Everspin Technology among many others. Samsung and Micron Technology are regarded as leading companies in the R&D of PCRAM technology. SanDisk Corporation is engaged in developing the non-volatile technologies such as phase-change memory, charge-trap flash, memristor and other technologies.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.