Semiconductor Lasers Market
Semiconductor Lasers Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Press Release :
A semiconductor laser is an electrically-pumped system wherein the active medium is formed by the p-n junction of a semiconductor diode, similar to that found in a LED. Laser diodes are rapidly becoming an indispensible part of modern technology and are being used in applications such as CD players, communications, laser printers, industrial processing machineries, laser pointers, and research & development. Laser diodes offer several advantageous features over the conventional laser systems such as solid state lasers and gas lasers, because of their small size and weight, low voltage, current and power requirements, high electrical efficiency and low maintenance and wide-angle beam. These advantages of semiconductor lasers are expanding its applications in medical, consumer electronics and other growing sectors. Low output of semiconductor lasers is limiting its adopting in high power applications such deep space communication and industrial applications. However, continuous development in designing and materials to improve the output power of semiconductor lasers is expected to help manufacturers to overcome this challenge in the near future.
Rising Influence of Smartphones to Boost the Growth of the Semiconductor Lasers Market
The semiconductor lasers market is prognosticated to observe substantial growth during the assessment period of 2014-2020. The rising use of 3D printing systems is expected to bring tremendous growth opportunities for the semiconductor lasers market. The preference for semiconductor lasers over other light sources will further enhance the growth opportunities across the forecast period.
- A semiconductor laser is a device causing laser oscillation by an electric current flow to the semiconductor. The mechanism of a semiconductor laser is similar to the light-emitting diode (LED) mechanism. The benefits etched to the semiconductor lasers make them one of the most preferred devices for a large number of applications. All these factors join the dots of growth across the semiconductor lasers market.
- Research and development activities are increasing considerably in the semiconductor lasers market. A large number of players are focusing heavily on intense research for exploring novel insights. These activities enable the players in the semiconductor lasers market to upgrade the products and offer unparalleled convenience to the end-users. Expansion activities by the manufacturers also help in increasing the production and allow the players to cater seamlessly to the rising demand.
- The utilization of semiconductor lasers in smartphones will turn the tables of growth. Smartphone sales have been showing an upward trend for many years. The demand for smartphones is expected to increase exponentially in the near future. As smartphones use technologies like OLED, the growth of the semiconductor lasers market is seeing an uptick. These aspects bode well for the growth of the semiconductor lasers market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the growth projections of the semiconductor lasers market to a considerable extent. The shutting down of manufacturing facilities and production units has led to a decline in the growth rate. The relaxations in lockdown restrictions will provide a great opportunity for the players in the semiconductor lasers market.
- Fiber optic lasers (FOL)
- Vertical cavity surface emitting lasers (VCSEL)
- Compact disc lasers (CDL)
- High power diode lasers (HPDL)
- Red lasers
- Violet lasers
- Green lasers
- Blue lasers
- Optical storage devices
- Defense and R&D
- North America
- Rest of the World