Semen Analysis Market: Introduction
- Semen analysis is a test performed to check health, quality, and viability of sperms. It is performed by couples unable to conceive naturally or in animal research and breeding centers.
- The basic parameters checked during the test include semen volume, sperm concentration, sperm motility, sperm morphology, presence of white or red blood cells, percentage of immature sperms in the sample, and presence of anti-sperm antibodies
- It is the first-line investigational test performed on the male partner when a couple is unsuccessful in conceiving for more than a year
- According to the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC), the tests should be conducted at least seven days apart and over the course of two to three months. Sperm count could vary on a daily basis. Taking an average of the sperm samples can give the most conclusive result.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Semen Analysis Market
- Rise in prevalence of male infertility is projected to fuel the growth of the global semen analysis market during the forecast period. According to the journal The Lancet, infertility affects 8% to 12% of couples globally, with male factor being a primary or contributing cause in around 50% of couples. Causes of male subfertility vary highly, but can be related to congenital, acquired, or idiopathic factors that impair spermatogenesis.
- Lifestyle changes such as cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, use of illicit drugs, obesity, psychological stress, APA, diet, and caffeine intake can potentially influence sperm quality. This is anticipated to boost the growth of the global market in the next few years.
- Rise in awareness about advanced fertility methods such as IUI and IVF, increase in spending capacity, and high adoption of advanced semen analysis methods such as computer assisted semen analysis (CASA) by diagnostic laboratories are expected to drive the global semen analysis market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, increase in number of pet animals, surge in demand for animal food, and rise in animal research centers are likely to propel the global semen analysis market from 2021 to 2031
- However, high cost of assisted reproductive technology, low awareness in economically poor countries, and stringent tax rules on medical devices in the U.S. are projected to restrain the global semen analysis market.
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global semen analysis market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global semen analysis market during the forecast period. Rise in prevalence of male infertility and presence of advanced fertility methods are the major factors driving the semen analysis market in the region.
- Europe held the second largest share of the global semen analysis market in 2020 due to a surge in the infertility rate. According to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Southern Europe, Eastern Europe, and Eastern Asia have the lowest fertility rates in the world, with an average of 1.5 children per woman in 2018.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapidly increasing rate of infertility, growing export of livestock products, and rise in fertility tourism due to the high cost of IVF treatment in countries in Europe and in the U.S. This is likely to augment the semen analysis market in Asia Pacific.
- The market in Latin America is projected to grow at a steady pace from 2021 to 2031, attributed to increase in awareness about available fertility methods and economic growth
- Middle East & Africa is a relatively less lucrative market for semen analysis, due to less access to the target population suffering from infertility
Key Players Operating in Global Semen Analysis Market
Key players operating in the global market include:
- Hamilton Thorne, Inc.
- Medical Electronic Systems, LLC
- Microptic S.L.
- ContraVac, Inc.
- MotilityCount ApS
- PROiSER - Projectes i Serveis R+D S.L.
- Dolo Animals Limited
- CooperSurgical, Inc.
- Sperm Processor
- AKYmed Ltd.
- Beijing Weili New Century Science & Tech. Deve. Co. Ltd.
Global Semen Analysis Market: Research Scope
Global Semen Analysis Market, by Product
- Semen Analyzers
- Manual Semen Analyzers
- Automated Semen Analyzers
- Centrifuges for Sample Preparation
- Semen Counting Chambers
- Semen Test Kits
- Disposables & Accessories
Global Semen Analysis Market, by Application
Global Semen Analysis Market, by End-user
- Fertility Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
- Home Care Settings
- Animal Breeding Centers
Global Semen Analysis Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.