Self-assembling Vaccines: Introduction
- Vaccines are one of the major and effective interventions that help prevent spread for diseases. These help in reducing infectious diseases and save millions of lives globally each year.
- Increase in understanding of self-assembly of viral proteins and virus-like particles (VLPs) has opened new opportunities in the development of chimeric VLPs, displaying heterologous epitopes attached to VLPs. Epitopes can be attached by covalent modification or through genetic engineering. Self-assembling vaccines, such as VaxCelerate, were developed by rapidly generating and performing pre-clinically testing a vaccine against a particular pathogen. Mixing MAV strain with biotinylated pathogen specific immunogenic peptides yields a self-assembled vaccine.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market
- The global self-assembling vaccines market is primarily driven by significant investments in the development of self-assembling vaccines for coronavirus and increase in number of academic & research institutes studying vaccine usage for coronavirus
- Increase in government support for vaccine development, rise in efforts toward research & development of novel vaccines, and high prevalence of infectious diseases are projected to drive the global market during the forecast period
- In March 2020, Ufovax, a spin-off vaccine company from Scripps Research, announced extension of patented self-assembling protein nanoparticle vaccine platform technology to develop a vaccine against the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
Request a Sample to Get Extensive Insights into the Self-assembling Vaccines Market
Respiratory Diseases Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market
- In terms of indication, the global self-assembling vaccines market can be classified into respiratory diseases, infectious diseases, cancer, and others
- The respiratory diseases segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, due to increase in the number of research studies determining the use of self-assembling vaccines for COVID-19 and rise in awareness about new therapies for treatment of respiratory infections
- A number of companies are collaborating with academic & research institutes and other pharmaceutical companies for the development of self-assembling vaccines for COVID-19
- In March 2020, Hoth Therapeutics entered into an agreement with Voltron Therapeutics to form a joint venture entity, “HaloVax”, to begin preclinical trials for the development of vaccine for prevention of COVID-19, which is based on VaxCelerate. VaxCelerate, a self-assembling vaccine, is exclusively licensed by Voltron from the Vaccine and Immunotherapy Center (VIC) at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH).
Academic & Research Institutes Segment to Capture Major Share of Global Market
- Based on end-user, the global self-assembling vaccines market can be categorized into hospitals & clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, academic & research institutes, and others
- The academic & research institutes segment is expected to account for major share of the global self-assembling vaccines market by 2027. This is attributed to increase in efforts toward development of self-assembling vaccines, rise in availability of necessary infrastructure for research, and presence on qualified & experienced research professionals.
North America to Dominate Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market
- In terms of region, the global self-assembling vaccines market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global self-assembling vaccines market during the forecast period.
- The market in North America is anticipated to be driven by increase in burden of COVID-19, rise in support from the U.S. Government for vaccine development, and large number of companies signing strategic agreements and entering into partnerships with other prominent players for vaccine co-development
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market
The global self-assembling vaccines market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global self-assembling vaccines market are:
- Argos Therapeutics, Inc.
- Icosavax, Inc.
- Hoth Therapeutics
- Voltron Therapeutics
Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market: Research Scope
Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market, by Indication
- Respiratory Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.