Self-assembling Vaccines: Introduction
- Vaccines are one of the major and effective interventions that help prevent spread for diseases. These help in reducing infectious diseases and save millions of lives globally each year.
- Increase in understanding of self-assembly of viral proteins and virus-like particles (VLPs) has opened new opportunities in the development of chimeric VLPs, displaying heterologous epitopes attached to VLPs. Epitopes can be attached by covalent modification or through genetic engineering. Self-assembling vaccines, such as VaxCelerate, were developed by rapidly generating and performing pre-clinically testing a vaccine against a particular pathogen. Mixing MAV strain with biotinylated pathogen specific immunogenic peptides yields a self-assembled vaccine.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market
- The global self-assembling vaccines market is primarily driven by significant investments in the development of self-assembling vaccines for coronavirus and increase in number of academic & research institutes studying vaccine usage for coronavirus
- Increase in government support for vaccine development, rise in efforts toward research & development of novel vaccines, and high prevalence of infectious diseases are projected to drive the global market during the forecast period
- In March 2020, Ufovax, a spin-off vaccine company from Scripps Research, announced extension of patented self-assembling protein nanoparticle vaccine platform technology to develop a vaccine against the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
Request a Sample to Get Extensive Insights into the Self-assembling Vaccines Market
Respiratory Diseases Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market
- In terms of indication, the global self-assembling vaccines market can be classified into respiratory diseases, infectious diseases, cancer, and others
- The respiratory diseases segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, due to increase in the number of research studies determining the use of self-assembling vaccines for COVID-19 and rise in awareness about new therapies for treatment of respiratory infections
- A number of companies are collaborating with academic & research institutes and other pharmaceutical companies for the development of self-assembling vaccines for COVID-19
- In March 2020, Hoth Therapeutics entered into an agreement with Voltron Therapeutics to form a joint venture entity, “HaloVax”, to begin preclinical trials for the development of vaccine for prevention of COVID-19, which is based on VaxCelerate. VaxCelerate, a self-assembling vaccine, is exclusively licensed by Voltron from the Vaccine and Immunotherapy Center (VIC) at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH).
Academic & Research Institutes Segment to Capture Major Share of Global Market
- Based on end-user, the global self-assembling vaccines market can be categorized into hospitals & clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, academic & research institutes, and others
- The academic & research institutes segment is expected to account for major share of the global self-assembling vaccines market by 2027. This is attributed to increase in efforts toward development of self-assembling vaccines, rise in availability of necessary infrastructure for research, and presence on qualified & experienced research professionals.
North America to Dominate Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market
- In terms of region, the global self-assembling vaccines market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global self-assembling vaccines market during the forecast period.
- The market in North America is anticipated to be driven by increase in burden of COVID-19, rise in support from the U.S. Government for vaccine development, and large number of companies signing strategic agreements and entering into partnerships with other prominent players for vaccine co-development
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market
The global self-assembling vaccines market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global self-assembling vaccines market are:
- Argos Therapeutics, Inc.
- Icosavax, Inc.
- Hoth Therapeutics
- Voltron Therapeutics
Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market: Research Scope
Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market, by Indication
- Respiratory Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Self-assembling Vaccines Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.