Self-driving Industrial Vehicles: Introduction
- Self-driving industrial vehicles also known as autonomous industrial vehicles or driverless vehicles use an arrangement of cameras, sensors, artificial intelligence (AI), and radars, to travel between destinations, without the need for any human effort.
- Self-driving industrial vehicles are used mostly by industries where stringent safety requirements and regulations that exist for passenger self-driving industrial vehicles either do not exist or are less restrictive. These industries include, but are not limited to retail, agriculture, logistics and delivery, manufacturing, commercial freight transport, public transport, and mining.
- The global self-driving industrial vehicles market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to continuous research and development in autonomous industrial vehicle technologies over the past two decades.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Self-driving Industrial Vehicles Market: Dynamics
Global Self-driving Industrial Vehicles Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Transportation is an integral part of industrialization. Rapid advances in artificial intelligence, robotics, edge computing capabilities, and computer vision are expected to boost the demand for self-driving industrial vehicles during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for industrial vehicles or machines that can potentially think, hear, see, and move more deftly than humans are anticipated to fuel the demand for self-driving industrial vehicles during the forecast period.
- Increasing growth of the automotive sector and increasing investments by automakers coupled with the rising consumer demand and technology advancements in the automotive industry are some of the major factors projected to boost the global automotive market in the next few years.
- Increasing automotive maintenance activities is anticipated to increase the demand for self-driving industrial vehicles. Rising automation in the automotive industry plays an important role in boosting the global self-driving industrial vehicles market.
High Initial Cost and Maintenance Cost Hampers the Self-driving Industrial Vehicles Market
- The cost of all components and the sensor assembly in self-driving industrial vehicles is high. Moreover, adoption ratio of self-driving industrial vehicles is less globally. Thus, high initial cost coupled with maintenance are the major factors anticipated to hamper the global self-driving industrial vehicles market in the next few years.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Self-driving Industrial Vehicles Market
- In terms of region, the global self-driving industrial vehicles market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America dominated the global self-driving industrial vehicles market in 2018, due to mature industrialization and presence of well-established technology advanced manufacturers in the region. The U.S. is a key market in North America, due to high demand for self-driving industrial vehicles in the country. Europe is anticipated to hold the second largest share of the global self-driving industrial vehicles market in 2018 due to the presence of numerous large automotive manufacturers in the region.
- The self-driving industrial vehicles market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing sales as well as production of automobiles owing to growing industrialization and globalization.
Global Self-driving Industrial Vehicles Market: Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Self-driving Industrial Vehicles Market
Several local, regional, and international players operate in the market and manufacture self-driving industrial vehicles. Hence, the market is fairly fragmented and the bargaining power of suppliers is low. The degree of competition among market players is also high. Rapid technological advancements have led to opportunities in the global self-driving industrial vehicles market. Key players operating in the global self-driving industrial vehicles market are:
- Seegrid Corporation
- Scania CV AB
- Otto GmbH & Co KG
- Savant Automation, Inc.
- America In Motion
- Ward Systems, Inc.
- Scott Systems International Inc. (Transbotics)
Global Self-driving Industrial Vehicles Market: Research Scope
Global Self-driving Industrial Vehicles Market Segmentation, by Type
- Forklift Self-Driving Industrial Vehicles
- Load Transfer Self-Driving Industrial Vehicles
- Pallet Trucks
- Assembly Line Vehicles
- Light Load Transporters
- Tugger AGVs
Global Self-driving Industrial Vehicles Market Segmentation, by Industry
- Logistics & Warehouse
Global Self-driving Industrial Vehicles Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.