Self-cleaning Glass: Introduction
- Self-cleaning glass is defined as a specific type of glass with a surface that keeps itself free of dirt and other harsh environmental conditions. It is a low-maintenance glass that is made by depositing a thin layer of chemical that has photolytic and hydrophilic properties on the surface of the glass. This makes the glass easier to clean.
- Self-cleaning glass is fog and glare resistant. The material applied on the glass does not change its mechanical, thermal, and acoustic properties. Self-cleaning glass is used in areas such as facades and areas with higher elevation that are hard to reach for manual cleaning. It has a layer of titanium oxide over the surface that undergoes a chemical reaction and breaks dirt and other materials into smaller pieces that can be easily washed off by rain or through the application of water. The layer is also hydrophilic, i.e. it attracts water unlike normal glass, which is hydrophobic, which repels water. As a result, water spreads evenly across the glass and wipes off the dirt quite easily. Self-cleaning glass helps save upon maintenance costs, time, and effort.
Key Drivers of Global Self-cleaning Glass Market
- The global self-cleaning glass market is primarily driven by its demand for usage in areas such as balconies, patio doors, display windows, glazed facades, conservatories, and other glass surfaces that are at high altitude and difficult to clean manually
- Self-cleaning glass helps diminish the usage of water for the purpose of cleaning. Demand for this glass has been rising across the globe. Increase in need for improved appearance and esthetics is likely to drive the global self-cleaning glass market. Rapid urbanization and industrialization has led to construction of skyscrapers and multi-storied buildings. Windows in those buildings are difficult to clean manually. Self-cleaning glass helps in cleaning such windows. Self-cleaning glass is used in solar panels. Rise in usage of solar panels due to shift toward the use of renewable energy is likely to propel the demand for self-cleaning glass. Furthermore, rapid industrialization, which involves the construction of skyscrapers, is augmenting demand for self-cleaning glass. It is hard to reach glass panels in the elevated areas of skyscrapers. Self-cleaning glass is ideal for usage in these buildings.
Hydrophilic Glass Coating Segment to Dominate Global Market
- The hydrophilic glass coating segment is estimated to account for prominent share of the self-cleaning glass market, owing to the use of hydrophilic coated self-cleaning glass in windows, facades, solar panels, etc. during the forecast period
- Hydrophilic and hydrophobic types of glass coatings clean themselves through rinsing with water. Hydrophobic is cleaned by rolling droplets, while hydrophilic is cleaned by sheeting of water carrying away the dirt on its surface.
Building & Construction Application Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Building & construction was the prominent segment of the market in terms of demand in 2020. The segment is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to rise in demand for advanced glass for various functions such as self-cleaning and energy efficiency in residential buildings.
Global Self-cleaning Glass Market: Restraining Factor
- High price of self-cleaning glass as compared to conventional glass is expected to restrain the self-cleaning glass market. Self-cleaning glass does not completely clean itself automatically. Therefore, people prefer conventional glass. This is also anticipated to hamper the self-cleaning glass market in the near future. Additionally, there is a lack of awareness among people in developing countries about self-cleaning glass technology. This is projected to hamper the self-cleaning glass market during the forecast period.
Covid-19 Impact on Self-cleaning Glass Market
- The prevailing pandemic situation has weakened the demand for glass in automotive, construction, electronics, and other applications. The path to recovery of growth for the industry is highly dependent on the duration of restrictions imposed and their influence on economic activity across the globe. Contrary to the trend prevalent in the industry in general, certain segments of the market are likely to witness sluggish demand in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Self-cleaning Glass Market
- In terms of region, the global self-cleaning glass market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Rise in production of vehicles in China and India is expected to drive the demand for self-cleaning glass over the next few years. Furthermore, growth of the construction industry and high production volume of solar panels are anticipated to positively impact the self-cleaning glass market in the region.
- North America and Europe accounted for significant share of the global market in 2020 owing to the high production volume of end-user segments including automotive and solar devices. These regions are highly adaptive to new technologies. As a result, the penetration of the product in the application sectors is expected to be high, this impacting the market positively. Increase in demand for self-cleaning glass in the commercial sector is also estimated to boost the market. The market in Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a significant pace owing to the growth of the automotive sector in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Market
Manufacturers are adopting different strategies such as acquisitions, mergers, product launches, and partnerships. Key players operating in the global self-cleaning glass market include:
- Clear Glass Solutions
- Dongguan City of East Pearl River Glass Company Limited
- Foshan Qunli Glass Company Limited
- Gevergel (FoShan) Engineering Glass Company Limited
- ITC International Trading & Consulting Pty Limited
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Saint-Gobain SA.
- Shanghai HuZheng Nanotechnology Company Limited
- Viridian Group
- Wuxi Yaopi Glass Engineering Company Limited.
- ZNG Glass Company Limited
Global Self-cleaning Glass Market: Research Scope
Global Self-cleaning Glass Market, by Glass Coating
Global Self-cleaning Glass Market, by Application
- Building & Construction
- Solar Panels
Global Self-cleaning Glass Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.