Selective Glucocorticoid Receptor Modulator: Introduction
- Selective hormone receptor modulators are designed as ligands to their respective receptors to provide agonist or antagonist action in specific tissues
- These are named selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs), selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), selective progesterone receptor modulators (SPRMs), and selective glucocorticoid receptor modulators (SGRMs) based on the specific receptor they are designed to affect
Key Drivers of Global Selective Glucocorticoid Receptor Modulator Market
- The global selective glucocorticoid receptor modulator market is driven by a rise in prevalence of various diseases such as cancer, respiratory disorders, cardiovascular diseases, increase in geriatric population, and surge in focus on development of advanced pharmaceutical products
- According to the World Health Organization, currently, 235 million people across the world are suffering from asthma and 338,000 deaths due to asthma were reported in 2015
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 1 in 13 people has asthma in the U.S.
- According to Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, currently, about 6.2 million children aged 18 and younger are suffering from asthma in the U.S. In 2017, 1 in every 12 children had asthma.
- Adoption of respiratory disorder management has been increasing among the geriatric population for the last few years due a rise in prevalence in this age group and the number of difficulties faced by the population in managing the disorders. Additionally, the elderly find it difficult to use handheld inhalers due to physical and cognitive impairment.
Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs) to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on type, the global selective glucocorticoid receptor modulator market can be classified into selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs), selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), selective progesterone receptor modulators (SPRMs), and selective glucocorticoid receptor modulators (SGRMs)
- The selective estrogen receptor modulators segment is projected to account for a major share of the global selective glucocorticoid receptor modulator market by 2031, owing to increase in incidence of cancer diseases across the globe
Hospitals to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global selective glucocorticoid receptor modulator market can be categorized into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others
- The hospitals segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the global market during the forecast period due to large inventory maintained by hospitals and availability of essential drugs at hospital pharmacies
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Selective Glucocorticoid Receptor Modulator Market
- In terms of region, the global selective glucocorticoid receptor modulator market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for a major share of the global market in 2020, owing to an increase in cases of respiratory disease such as asthma, COPD, and allergic rhinitis; rise in the number of FDA approvals for products in different respiratory diseases, and numerous product launches in the U.S. Moreover, increase in concerns about respiratory disease management including prevention, diagnosis, and treatment drives the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Selective Glucocorticoid Receptor Modulator Market
The global selective glucocorticoid receptor modulator market is consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global selective glucocorticoid receptor modulator market are:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Roche Holding AG
- Novartis AG
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- AbbVie Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
Global Selective Glucocorticoid Receptor Modulator Market: Research Scope
Global Selective Glucocorticoid Receptor Modulator Market, by Type
- Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMs)
- Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs)
- Selective Progesterone Receptor Modulators (SPRMs)
- Selective Glucocorticoid Receptor Modulators (SGRMs)
Global Selective Glucocorticoid Receptor Modulator Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Selective Glucocorticoid Receptor Modulator Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.