Global Seizure Detection Devices Market: Overview
A seizure is an uncontrolled, sudden electrical disturbance that affects brain. It can lead to changes in one’s level of consciousness, feelings or movements, and behavior. If one is affected by two or more seizures or have a tendency to suffer from repeated seizures, then one is said to suffer from epilepsy. However, there are many types of seizures varying in severity. Types of seizure is dependent on how and where they begin in the brain. Most of the seizures last from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. A seizure that stays for more than five minutes is a medical emergency and medical help needs to be called in. Seizures can follow infections like meningitis, a closed head injury, a stroke, or any other illness. Many a time, the cause of seizure is not even known. Increased prominence of seizures is expected to drive the global seizure detection devices market in the years to come.
Some of the most commonly used seizure detection devices comprise computed tomography device, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) device, electromyography machine, implanted advisory system devices, and EEG machine. If seizures are not treated then it often leads to epilepsy and causes loss of coordination, vomiting, and nausea.
Technology, end user, and region are the three important market parameters based on which the global seizure detection devices market has been categorized.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Global Seizure Detection Devices Market: Notable Developments
One of the developments that offer a glimpse of the market dynamics about the global seizure detection devices market is mentioned below:
- In 2018, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cleared Embrace by Empatica for use in adults. Embrace is a wearable device for monitoring epilepsy and it also ensures that the patient receives care immediately after a seizure attack. In addition, the device is capable of sending an alert to the caretaker of a patient and the patient himself or herself when it identifies a pattern that could cause seizure.
Some of the prominent organizations in the global seizure detection devices market comprise the below-mentioned:
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Compumedics Limited
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- St. Jude Medical, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Seizure Detection Devices Market: Key Trends
The global seizure detection devices market is characterized by the presence of the following restraints, drivers, and opportunities.
Demand to Ride on Technological Progress Made in the Field of Seizure Treatment
Complications plague treatment and diagnosis of seizures, epilepsy, and other such disorders and these complexities pose challenge to doctors and other healthcare professionals. Based on the condition of the patient and magnitude of the seizure, healthcare experts resort to surgical procedures, suggest a diet to the patient, or use techniques of simulation. The diagnosis and evaluation of epilepsy have come a long way, thanks to substantial changes and technological progress in the field. In addition, as computer-based devices for the monitoring of seizures make foray into the market, the global seizure detection devices market is likely to observe significant growth over the period of assessment. These devices offer important insights to healthcare professionals engaged with the treatment of various types of seizures. As such, these devices help healthcare professionals offer suitable treatment method for patients. This factor is likely to bolster growth of the global seizure detection devices market in the years to come.
In addition, these devices play an important role in reducing the number of cases related to SUDEP or Sudden Death due to Epilepsy. This factor is likely to drive the demand for seizure detection devices.
Global Seizure Detection Devices Market: Geographical Analysis
In terms of region, North America is estimated account for a sizeable chunk of the global seizure detection devices market. Presence of robust and technologically advanced healthcare infrastructure and extensive availability of healthcare services across the region is estimated to work in favor of the seizure detection devices market in North America.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.