Sedative Drugs Market: Overview
- Sedative drugs are substances that moderate activity and excitement while inducing a calming effect. Antianxiety and sedative drugs are used with a variety of different psychiatric disorders, usually in combination with other medications.
- In clinical therapeutics, sedative-hypnotics are used for the treatment of variety of diseases that affect the central nervous system, such as chronic and acute anxiety, anesthesia, seizure control, and insomnia
- Insomnia presents an increasing and significant health issue in the adult as well as pediatric population. Rapid population growth, changing lifestyles, and work pressure have resulted in rising prevalence of insomnia.
- According to the U.S. FDA, the cost of insomnia in the U.S. is over US$ 100 Bn annually. To date, sleeping pills have been by far the most common medical treatment, with nearly nine million adults having taken prescription sleeping pills.
- Increase in prevalence of insomnia and other psychological disorders coupled with growing awareness level is projected to lead to strong growth of the sedative drugs market
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Sedative Drugs Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Sedative Drugs Market
- The global sedative drugs market is expected to be driven by increasing investment in research & development for new product innovation, rise in demand for insomnia drugs, and increase in psychological disorders and stress due to changing lifestyle
- Rise in demand for insomnia drugs and market competitiveness has resulted in increase in investment in research & development for new product innovation. This is likely to drive the sedative drugs market.
- Companies are entering into licensing agreements for the development and marketing of insomnia products, acquisition of promising late-stage pipeline assets from smaller firms, and partnership with academia to accelerate development of new drug therapies
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Sedative Drugs Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global market during the forecast period. High research & development activities in the field of pharmaceutical drugs, rising burden of psychological diseases, large number of research institutes, and growing need for new and improved therapies to address medical conditions, are expected to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
- According to a report by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, approximately one in four people in the U.S. develops insomnia every year. About 30% of the adults in the U.S. have symptoms of insomnia and up to 10% of adults are likely to develop chronic insomnia. Rise in prevalence of sleep disorders among individuals would subsequently lead to uptake of antianxiety drugs, thereby increasing the demand for sedative drugs in the near future.
- Economic growth in India, China, Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Asia and Latin America has improved the health care infrastructure and accessibility to innovative products and health care services. Moreover, rise in incidence of neurological diseases is expected to drive the sedative drugs market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Forestry Machinery Market, Ask for a Customized Sedative Drugs Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Sedative Drugs Market
Major players operating in the global sedative drugs market are:
- AstraZeneca Plc.
- PAION AG
- Drawbridge Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical
- Sanofi S.A.
- Novartis International AG
- Abbott Laboratories
- Pfizer Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
Global Sedative Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Sedative Drugs Market, by Drug Class
- Methaqualone and Analogues
Global Sedative Drugs Market, by Application
- Sleep Disorders
Global Sedative Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.