Sedative Drugs Market: Overview
- Sedative drugs are substances that moderate activity and excitement while inducing a calming effect. Antianxiety and sedative drugs are used with a variety of different psychiatric disorders, usually in combination with other medications.
- In clinical therapeutics, sedative-hypnotics are used for the treatment of variety of diseases that affect the central nervous system, such as chronic and acute anxiety, anesthesia, seizure control, and insomnia
- Insomnia presents an increasing and significant health issue in the adult as well as pediatric population. Rapid population growth, changing lifestyles, and work pressure have resulted in rising prevalence of insomnia.
- According to the U.S. FDA, the cost of insomnia in the U.S. is over US$ 100 Bn annually. To date, sleeping pills have been by far the most common medical treatment, with nearly nine million adults having taken prescription sleeping pills.
- Increase in prevalence of insomnia and other psychological disorders coupled with growing awareness level is projected to lead to strong growth of the sedative drugs market
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Sedative Drugs Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Sedative Drugs Market
- The global sedative drugs market is expected to be driven by increasing investment in research & development for new product innovation, rise in demand for insomnia drugs, and increase in psychological disorders and stress due to changing lifestyle
- Rise in demand for insomnia drugs and market competitiveness has resulted in increase in investment in research & development for new product innovation. This is likely to drive the sedative drugs market.
- Companies are entering into licensing agreements for the development and marketing of insomnia products, acquisition of promising late-stage pipeline assets from smaller firms, and partnership with academia to accelerate development of new drug therapies
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Sedative Drugs Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global market during the forecast period. High research & development activities in the field of pharmaceutical drugs, rising burden of psychological diseases, large number of research institutes, and growing need for new and improved therapies to address medical conditions, are expected to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
- According to a report by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, approximately one in four people in the U.S. develops insomnia every year. About 30% of the adults in the U.S. have symptoms of insomnia and up to 10% of adults are likely to develop chronic insomnia. Rise in prevalence of sleep disorders among individuals would subsequently lead to uptake of antianxiety drugs, thereby increasing the demand for sedative drugs in the near future.
- Economic growth in India, China, Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Asia and Latin America has improved the health care infrastructure and accessibility to innovative products and health care services. Moreover, rise in incidence of neurological diseases is expected to drive the sedative drugs market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Sedative Drugs Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Sedative Drugs Market
Major players operating in the global sedative drugs market are:
- AstraZeneca Plc.
- PAION AG
- Drawbridge Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical
- Sanofi S.A.
- Novartis International AG
- Abbott Laboratories
- Pfizer Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
Global Sedative Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Sedative Drugs Market, by Drug Class
- Methaqualone and Analogues
Global Sedative Drugs Market, by Application
- Sleep Disorders
Global Sedative Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.