Screening Equipment Market
Screening equipment is the machinery used during the mechanical screening processes, designed to separate one material from another. As the second part of the material handling process, screening equipment is used to separate raw material from a crusher or quarry into even finer grades, coming closer to an end product. Depending on the application, screening equipment can stand alone. But when you pair screening equipment with a crusher, you create a full-circuit system. These systems work together to create a seamless material handling process. Although screens are used without crushers, a full circuit system is the most effective way to mine and separate materials to create something sellable in the marketplace.
Full circuit or single screening equipment machines can be built flat or on an incline. Each machine usually consists of an engine that creates the vibrations, screens that cause the particles to separate, and a catching area. After assembly, material is fed into the machine, moved over the screens, and separated with vibration. The separation process may be short, producing the desired end-product after just one run. But some screening processes are longer or more complicated, separating the materials into smaller and smaller particles after each run or at different points in the machine. There are two types of screens, totally dependent on the raw material. Wet screens utilize spray nozzles and water along with screen vibration in the sorting process, while dry screens use vibration only. Screening equipment needs to match the project to ensure it can stand up to the job and function in the right environment.
Screening Equipment: Introduction
- Screening equipment are essential parts of the bulk material handling equipment family. These equipment are primarily used for the purpose of segregation and separation of granulated materials based on grit sizes in order to achieve uniformity.
- Screening equipment works on a simple principle of passing the bulk materials through sieves of predefined sizes. Screening equipment can be employed as a standalone equipment for separation to achieve uniformity of particles. It can also be paired with crushing equipment to create a seamless system for separation and segregation.
- Screening equipment is usually employed during the mechanical screening processes. It is designed to separate one material from another. As a vital part of the material handling process, screening equipment is used to separate raw material from a crusher or break it down into finer grades in order to achieve uniformity in end-products.
Key Drivers of Global Screening Equipment Market
- Rise in usage of screening equipment in industries such as agriculture and oil & gas is boosting the global screening equipment market
- The mining industry is cyclic. It tends to expand in a relatively stable manner on the backdrop of global economic growth. Demand for commodities such as iron ore, copper, and coal is expected to rise significantly in developing countries such as India and China. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global screening equipment market during the forecast period.
- Rapid increase in mining activities across the world is another factor driving the market. The screening equipment market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to its widespread operation and ease of autonomous adoption in integrated machines.
- Rise in construction activities such as construction of highways, bridges, and buildings and growth in infrastructure facilities across the globe are likely to boost the screening equipment market
Restraints of Global Screening Equipment Market
- Lack of a well-established integrated supply chain of screening equipment and high capital cost of screening equipment are some of the major factors expected to restrain the global screening equipment market during the forecast period
- In June 2019. Telsmith, Inc., a leading manufacturer of mineral processing equipment, announced that it had appointed Pacific Rock and Recycle Equipment Company as manufacturers’ representative for the entire product line of aggregate and mining process equipment. Pacific Rock and Recycle will serve customers in Washington, Oregon, and Northern Idaho in the U.S.
- In June 2019, Metso announced that it had signed an agreement to acquire McCloskey International, a Canada-based mobile crushing and screening equipment manufacturer, to expand its offering in the global aggregates industry and strengthen its customer base
- In October 2019, Metso announced it is expanding its mobile crushing and screening solution offerings for the aggregates industry with an extensive new product portfolio. The new Metso Nordtrack range introduces 19 products designed to meet the requirements of general contractors.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Screening Equipment Market
- Based on region, the global screening equipment market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the global screening equipment market during the forecast period, due to rise in investments in mining activities in the region. Growth in various end-use industries such as infrastructure, construction, and agriculture in China and India is estimated to boost the screening equipment market in the region.
- Rise in demand for construction activities in Europe is estimated to drive the market in the region. Furthermore, growth in economy of Scandinavian countries and Russia is expected to boost the screening equipment market in these countries in the near future.
- North America is anticipated to be a key region of the global screening equipment market during the forecast period, led by rise in urban population in major economies such as the U.S.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Prominent players operating in the global screening equipment market include:
- Astec Industries, Inc.
- Fredrik Mogensen AB
- The Weir Group PLC
- Haver Niagara GmbH
- Hillenbrand Inc. (Rotex)
- Derrick Corporation
- SMICO Manufacturing Inc
- Sandvik AB
- NAWA Engineers & Consultants (P) Ltd.
- Fredrik Mogensen AB
- Vulcan Industries Inc.
- Terex Corporation
Global Screening Equipment Market, by Type
- Wet Screening Equipment
- Dry Screening Equipment
Global Screening Equipment Market, by Product Type
- Screen Panels
- Trommel Screens
- Vibratory Equipment
- Gyratory Equipment
Global Screening Equipment Market, by End-use Industry
Global Screening Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!