Global Scoliosis Treatment Market: Overview
Scoliosis refers to a medical condition in which the spine forms a curvature toward right or left forming a S-shaped or C-shape. Scoliosis occurs during the onset of puberty, mostly between 10 to 12 years of age. Scoliosis can be cured either through surgery or with bracing, though there is no absolute cure for the disease. However, the pain can be reduced through treatment.
The global scoliosis treatment market is estimated to gain momentum with the growing prevalence of the diseases and increased implementation of braces for the pain alleviation. In addition, there has been a rise in the incidences of musculoskeletal disorders and spinal surgeries, which are likely to offer copious growth opportunities for the global scoliosis treatment market over the forecast tenure.
Diseases type, product, distribution channel, and region are the parameters based on which the global market for scoliosis treatment has been segmented. Equipped with such detailed segmentations, the understanding of the market could get better and deeper.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Scoliosis Treatment Market: Notable Developments
A few of the remarkable developments pertaining to the global scoliosis treatment market are as mentioned below:
- In August 2019, US-based Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. made an announcement that it has received nod from food and drug administration (FDA) for ‘Tether’. This newly invented medical device is made to treat idiopathic scoliosis in adolescents and children. Idiopathic scoliosis usually does not respond to conservative treatment.
A few of the names to reckon with in the global scoliosis treatment market are as mentioned below:
- Boston Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Wilmington Orthotics & Prosthetics, Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
- Horton's Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Charleston Bending Brace
- Lawall Prosthetics and Orthotics
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Global Scoliosis Treatment Market: Key Trends
The future course of the global scoliosis treatment market is likely to be shaped by the below-mentioned growth factors over the forecast period, from 2019 to 2027.
Alarming Rise in Scoliosis Accentuates Demand for its Treatment
The global scoliosis treatment market is projected to substantial growth over the forecast period, from 2019 to 2027. Much of the growth is ascribed to the growing incidences of scoliosis in the world population in recent times. There aren’t any definite causes behind the occurrence of this diseases, however, cerebral paralysis and muscular dystrophy might cause scoliosis. It mostly affects children around 10 years of age. Many in the US are affected by scoliosis mostly due to lack of awareness about the disease and lack of treatment. Lack of awareness about adolescent diseases such as scoliosis is likely to support growth of the global scoliosis treatment market over the assessment tenure, from 2019 to 2027.
Adolescents and children are usually affected with common types of scoliosis such as adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, infantile idiopathic scoliosis, juvenile idiopathic scoliosis, and infantile idiopathic scoliosis. To treat these common types of scoliosis, spinal surgery, activities & exercises, and support braces are generally prescribed. In most of the cases, patients tend to take up customized support braces for the management of the disease. Customized braces are usually more affordable as compared to medical procedure.
The growth of the global scoliosis treatment market is accelerated by the alarming rise of the disease worldwide. Many have gone through spinal cord related medical processes and adopted support braces. In addition, there has been a rise in the demand for non-invasive surgeries, which further propels growth of the market. However, scoliosis is found equally in both females and males but the degree of curvature is more in females than males.
Global Scoliosis Treatment Market: Geographical Analysis
In an attempt to depict a comprehensive picture of the global scoliosis treatment market, the market has been segmented on the basis of region. The market is divided into the principal regions of Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, and North America.
From the geographical standpoint, North America is likely to reign over the global scoliosis treatment market, thanks to rising per capita healthcare expenditure in countries like the U.S. and Canada. In addition, there has been increased investment in research and development activities by government and several healthcare bodies. This is further expected to boost growth of the market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.