Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy Market: Introduction
- Scanning electrochemical microscopy is a technique that characterizes surfaces by imaging electro and non-electro-active materials for quantitative data on processes or specific analytes by studying the reactions that occur on the surface of a substrate. It also enables local modification of samples by electro-deposition or electro-dissolution. Hence, advances in the diversification of ultra-microelectrodes and miniaturization offer an increasingly wide range of applications in diverse fields such as corrosion, biology, and materials. In the 1980s, the modes, theory, instrumentation, and initial applications of scanning electrochemical microscopy were developed in Bard’s laboratory.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy Market
- Scanning electrochemical microscopy provides quality assurance personnel and researchers with data regarding surface morphology and properties such as fractography, chemical analysis, topography, etc. Extensive use of scanning electrochemical microscopy by pharmaceutical companies and medium- to small-scale research and development institutes fuels the demand for scanning electrochemical products and drive the scanning electrochemical microscopy market.
- The miniaturization of electronic devices drives the scanning electrochemical microscopy market. Electronic device manufacturers are focused on the development of miniature devices, as they consume less energy. Hence, completely novel types of tips are being used in multi-functional biological scanning electrochemical microscopic devices. Moreover, the development and research of miniaturized analytical systems for enzyme sensors, immunoassays, and DNA analysis has made the application areas of scanning electrochemical microscopic devices more attractive for further characterization of sensing platforms, the evaluation of detection strategies, and scanning electrochemical microscopy optimization.
- Increased innovations and technological advancements in scanning electronic microscopy are likely to augment the scanning electrochemical microscopy market. However, stringent regulatory requirements are likely to hamper the market.
- The whole world is presently struggling with COVID-19 pandemic. This infection leads to pneumonia, severe and acute respiratory disorders, multiple organ failure, and in severe cases death. The geriatric population is more prone to COVID-19. COVID-19 patients secrete significantly high interleukin-6 (IL-6). Scanning electrochemical microscopy is a highly convenient and sensitive approach to detect IL-6. Thus, the severity of the disease can be predicted and the reduction of the risks of occurrence of serious respiratory complications can be achieved by using scanning electrochemical microscopy, as it is a rapid screening and accurate method to detect lethal complications. This is likely to drive the market.
- Governments of developing countries are making significant investments to modernize healthcare infrastructure in their respective countries, which is likely to increase access to healthcare. This is expected to increase the demand for scanning electrochemical microscopy. Increase in prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cancer, in developing countries presents lucrative opportunities in the global scanning electrochemical microscopy market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global scanning electrochemical microscopy market due to a rise in application in neuroscience as well as miniaturization of electronic devices. Moreover, well-established healthcare infrastructure and hub for key industry players are major drivers of the scanning electrochemical microscopy market in the region.
- The scanning electrochemical microscopy market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rise in healthcare infrastructure. Moreover, increase in research & development in Asia Pacific is likely propel the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy Market
The global scanning electrochemical microscopy market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A huge number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global scanning electrochemical microscopy market.
Major players operating in the global scanning electrochemical microscopy market are listed below:
- ST Instruments BV
- Sensolytics GmbH
- Scuba Probe Technologies
- Park Systems Corp.
- Nanonics Imaging Ltd.
- Harvard Bioscience Inc.
- CH Instruments Inc.
- Bruker Corp.
- BioLogic Sciences Instruments SA
- AMETEK Inc.
Global Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy Market: Research Scope
Global Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy Market, by Application
- Corrosion and catalyst sciences
- Life sciences
- Semiconductors and nano-electrochemistry
Global Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy Market, by Type
Global Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!