SATCOM Transceivers Market: Introduction
- SATCOM (also known as ‘satellite communication’) is an artificial geo-stationary satellite that enables long range communications by receiving radio signals from the Earth, amplifying them, and sending them back to receivers at various locations across the world.
- SATCOM is used for television, telephone, radio, internet, and military applications. This method is an attractive option for providing data connections to both well-connected and remote locations. However, to enable SATCOM, appropriate equipment must be located in both space and on Earth.
- Transceivers are an important part of a fiber optics network and they are utilized to convert electrical signals into optical signals and optical signals into electrical signals
- In radio communication, a transceiver combines a radio transmitter and receiver. An antenna for communication purposes can be used to transmit and receive radio waves.
- In many remote regions of the world, people can't simply jump on a Zoom meeting or browse social media because they don't have the internet coverage to do so. However, currently, there may be a way for them to connect to the Internet via satellites that send signals from the Earth's orbit.
- While many of us can easily access the internet because of nearby cell towers, we also frequently tap into technology that already relies on satellite communications, such as global positioning systems (GPS). GPS uses a special type of transmitter (TX) and receiver (RX) to transmit information from orbiting satellites, locate the device, and generate a map for a trip.
- SATCOM transceivers offer three models for Ku, X and Ka Bands. Each transceiver contains a BDC, BUC, SSPA, microprocessor and all necessary control functions.
- Small and Light Weight 15.0" x 6.25" x 3.25" 15lbs.
- High Linear Power Output at Low Spectral Regrowth Levels
- High Dynamic Range Receiver
- Interface - Ethernet or RS-485
- Low Power Consumption
- Optional Antenna Mounted Ka Band or X Band LNA available for Ultra Low Noise Figure.
Rise in Demand for Global SATCOM Transceivers in Telecommunication Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the market can be divided into telecommunication, medical, industrial, scientific, electronics, and others.
- In terms of end-use industry , the telecommunication segment of the SATCOM transceivers market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to the increasing usage of Satellite communication, and Terrestrial AM/FM Broadcast applications
- Moreover, broadcast technology, voice communications, video conferencing or multimedia services, weather forecasting application has been an expanding area of the telecommunication industry
- Rise in need for data communication in the telecommunication industry is prompting several companies to develop satellite projects that are likely to cater to the global demand in the telecommunication industry.
- SATCOM transceivers are also employed in air traffic control, fire control and tracking, navigation, weather monitoring and prediction, etc.
- Rising adoption of SATCOM transceivers for various emergency data link communication and fixed satellite services (FSS) applications is further propelling the market
North America to Lead Global SATCOM Transceivers Market
- In terms of region, the SATCOM transceivers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The SATCOM transceivers market in North America is anticipated to expand at the high growth rate during the forecast period.
- This expansion is attributed to a wide range of applications of SATCOM transceivers in diverse industries such the telecommunication industry because of Direct-to-home (DTH) broadcast and in-flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC). Thus, latest technology are expected to increase the demand for SATCOM Transceivers.
- The SATCOM transceivers market in North America is expected to expand significantly due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in Europe is likely to expand at a consistent pace during the forecast period owing to the presence of limited number of manufacturers in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global SATCOM Transceivers Market
The global SATCOM transceivers market is highly fragmented owing to the presence of a large number of manufacturers. Rise in demand for SATCOM transceivers in the telecommunication industry is prompting providers of SATCOM transceivers to invest in research and development to manufacture new technological advanced transceivers in order to cater to the rising demand.
Key players operating in the global SATCOM transceivers market include:
- ACORDE Technologies S.A.
- Skyware Technologies
- AnaCom, Inc
- Advantech Wireless technologies Inc
- SAGE Satcom
- SATCOM Services
- Comtech EF Data Corporation
- Amplus communication
- Sage Satcom
- Vialite communication
- ND SatCom GmbH
- CPI International Inc
Global SATCOM Transceivers Market: Research Scope
Global SATCOM Transceivers Market, by Frequency Band
- K Band
- C Band
- X Band
- Ku Band
- Others ( Ka Band, L Band etc.)
Global SATCOM Transceivers Market, by Application
- Air traffic control
- Satellite communication
- Direct to home (DTH)
- Electronic Countermeasure (ECM) Systems
- Food processing
- Material processing
- Others (optical telescopes, Radio astronomy etc.)
Global SATCOM Transceivers Market, by End-use Industry
- Others (Commercial, government and military etc.)
Global SATCOM Transceivers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.