Sample Rate Converters Market: Introduction
- Digital information is recorded by sampling at a specific or pre-programmed rate. Sample rate converters change sample rates of different kHz (kilohertz) from one rate to another rate. Sample rate converter is used for convergence of sampling frequency. Sample rate conversion (SRC) is the process of changing the sampling rate of a data stream from a specific sampling rate to another sampling rate.
- The process of decreasing the sampling rate is called decimation, and the process of increasing the sampling rate is called interpolation
Rise in demand in communication applications and broadcasting
- Sample rate converters are majorly utilized in audio visual equipment. Major applications are medical imaging, automotive applications, industrial, and communications infrastructure.
- Expansion of communication network and development of multimedia technology have increased the demand for sample rate converters, which are utilized in diverse applications in smartphones, tablets, truly wireless headsets, laptops, AR/VR headsets, home theater systems, automotive entertainment systems, and professional audio systems. However, slowing growth in a maturing smartphone market and market saturation in developed countries have hampered the demand.
- The deployment of 5G is expected to further increase the demand for sample rate converters in various markets such as smartphone, automated vehicles, media devices, and data centers
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share of Global Sample Rate Converters
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold a prominent share of the global market during the forecast period, due to the presence of a notable semiconductor industry in the region
- North America is a leading consumer of smartphones, PCs, tablets, and other devices, which is also expected to boost the demand for sample rate converters in the region. Expansion of telecommunication, audio video devices, and medical devices sectors is further driving the sample rate converters market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Sample Rate Converters Market
Numerous key players that are engaged in the global sample rate converters market include:
- Cirrus Logic
- Asahi Kasei Microdevices
- Maxim Integrated
- Microchip Technology
- NXP Semiconductors
- On Semiconductor
- Texas Instruments
- Avia Semiconductor
Sample Rate Converters Market Scope
Sample Rate Converters Market, by Type
Sample Rate Converters Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial • Medical
- Test and Measurement
Sample Rate Converters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!