Sample Collection Tube: Introduction
- Laboratory tests provide crucial details about the health of a patient. Accurate diagnostic and therapeutic decisions depend on the accuracy of the results of the tests. Adequate patient preparation, sample selection, and sample handling are essential considerations for reliable test results. The precision of results of the test depends on the integrity of the samples.
- Sample collection tubes are sterilized tubes of glass or plastic used to obtain various samples from the body of a patient. Most of these are used to gather samples of blood, urine, and serum. These tubes have a rubber stopper that provides a vacuum seal inside the tube, which in turn enables the patient to receive an exact amount of blood. These tubes are essential for diagnostics, in surgeries and for transfusion procedures.
Market Dynamics of Global Sample Collection Tube Market
- Increase in the incidence of infectious diseases to drive market
- Emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases in developing countries have been posing a threat to public health for the last few years, and vigilant surveillance is required to prepare for such threats. Numerous species, including bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites, can cause infectious diseases. Some infectious diseases are contagious and can be transmitted from individual to individual. Few of these infectious diseases are spread through insect or animal bites, while few are often spread through the intake of infected water or fruit.
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), hepatitis B, and tuberculosis (TB) are some highly common forms of infectious diseases. Growing prevalence of infectious diseases, such as TB and AIDS, around the globe is a key factor that is projected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Increase in demand for accuracy and precision in analytical testing to boost the market
- Requirement for accuracy and precision in analytical testing is a major factor that is anticipated to drive the global sample collection tubes market. Moreover, a rise in the demand for advanced sampling techniques, increase in demand for safe sample collection technology, and development in relation for disposable goods for laboratory further propel the market. On the other hand, a lack of qualified staff and the high cost of sample handling equipment are major factors that are likely to restrain the market.
- High cost of automated sample collection devices to hamper market
- Capital investment in automated sample collection using apheresis devices is very high for diagnostic laboratories and blood banks, as compared to that of entire sample collection. The average device price ranges from US$ 50,000 to US$ 60,000. Therefore, smaller diagnostic laboratories, blood banks, and hospitals do not prefer this type of collection of blood. Usage of these automated sample collection products is very low, as compared to manual sample collection products in countries such as China and India, due to their high prices. This is restricting the global market for sample collection tube.
Sample Collection Tube Market: Segmentation
- The global sample collection tube market can be segmented based on sample type, material, and end-user
- Based on sample type, global sample collection tube market can be classified into blood, stool, and urine
- Furthermore, the blood sample segment can be categorized into heparin, plasma separation, serum separation, and whole blood tubes
- Based on material, the global sample collection tube market can be segregated into glass and plastic
- Based on end-user, the global sample collection tube market can be split into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and others
Asia Pacific Sample Collection Tube Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global sample collection tube market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Demand for sample collection tube was significantly high in North America in 2019, followed by Europe. Expansion of the sample collection tubes market in North America is attributed to an increase in prevalence of lifestyle diseases and incidence of blood disorders, better healthcare facilities, and the presence of major producers in the region.
Leading Players Operating in Global Sample Collection Tube Market
The global sample collection tube market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global sample collection tube market are:
- Becton, Dickinson & Company
- Greiner Group AG
- Sarstedt AG & Co.
- Terumo Corporation
Global Sample Collection Tube Market: Research Scope
Global Sample Collection Tube Market, by Product
- Plasma Separation
- Serum Separation
- Whole Blood Tubes
Global Sample Collection Tube Market, by Material
Global Sample Collection Tube Market, by End-users
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Sample Collection Tube Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.