Safety Glasses: Introduction
- Safety glasses are protective eyewear that enclose the area around the eyes and protect them from various infections
- Safety eyewear products are available in various sizes and types. Moreover, choosing suitable safety eyewear products depends on multiple parameters such as size, safety, blocker type, comfort, and budget.
- The global safety glasses market is expected to expand at a considerable pace in the near future
Key Drivers of Global Safety Glasses Market
- The global safety glasses market is driven by a rise in the number of surgical procedures, awareness regarding hospital acquired infections, and a rise in incidence of infectious diseases worldwide
- According to the Global Burden of Disease Study–2013, infectious diseases caused 9.2 million deaths across the globe in 2013
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), prevalence of chronic disease is expected to increase by 57% by 2020. Moreover, the global pandemic is also on the rise. These factors are driving the demand for safety glasses
- The safety glasses market is also driven by a rise in awareness about hospital acquired infections. For instance, as per a report published by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), 1 out of 18 patients in hospitals in Europe suffers from hospital-acquired infection (HAI). Moreover, on an average, around 3.2 million patients per year suffer from HAIs. Such instances are driving the use of safety glasses.
- Rise in funding for research on the diagnosis of infectious diseases is projected to drive the market during the forecast period
- However, stringent government regulations and lack of proper reimbursement for safety glasses are likely to hamper the market during the forecast period. Furthermore, undeveloped healthcare infrastructure in underdeveloped countries is likely to hamper the market in the next few years.
Plastic (cr39) segment to dominate global market
- In terms of lens type, the global safety glasses market can be divided into polycarbonate lens, plastic (cr39) lens, glass lens, and others
- The plastic (cr39) segment accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2019, as this lens is light weight, cost-effective, and possesses excellent optical qualities
Retail sales to be highly lucrative segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global safety glasses market can be categorized into online sales, retail sales, and others
- The retail sales segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the market in the next few years due to an increase in offline shopping, as they provide better understanding of the products.
North America to offer significant opportunities in safety glasses market
- In terms of region, the global medical shoe cover market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for a notable share of the global market in 2019 owing to favorable healthcare infrastructure, high per capita income, and high rate of adoption of advanced medical equipment in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Safety Glasses Market
The global safety glasses market is fragmented, with the presence of a large number of international and local players. Key players operating in the global safety glasses market are:
- Mcr Safety
- Lincoln Electric
- Smith And Wesson
- Wiley X
- Kimberly Clark
- Jackson Safety
Global Safety Glasses Market: Research Scope
Global Safety Glasses Market, by Lens Type
- Polycarbonate Lens
- Plastic (CR39) Lens
- Glass Lens
Global Safety Glasses Market, by Distribution Channel
- Online Sale
- Retail Sale
Global Safety Glasses Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.