Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market: Introduction
- Rubber adhesive tapes are typically used for indoor applications with low stress requirements. They generally adhere well to low surface energy substrates, and can be formulated for excellent removability. Rubber adhesives are generally found on masking tapes, carton sealing tapes, duct tapes, and lament tapes. Rubber adhesives are not tacky by nature, so it is necessary to add tackier resins to create the adhesive.
- Rubber adhesive tapes are majorly used in hot melt applications. Rubber possesses characteristics, such as high tack and peel strength, due to its ability to adhere well to several non-polar, low-energy surfaces, including polyethylene and polypropylene. These tapes possess high peel strength, versatility in a formulation, and good electrical and thermal insulation properties. The cost of rubber-based adhesive tapes is very low as compared to silicone- and acrylic-based adhesive tapes.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market
- On the basis of application, rubber adhesive tapes can be classified into packaging, healthcare, electrical & electronics, automotive, and others. Packaging is the most dominant segment of the rubber adhesive tapes market. Increase in demand for adhesive tapes in food and non-food packaging is a major driver of the market.
- Packaging was a major end-use segment in the global adhesive tapes market in 2018. This can be attributed to the fact that almost every industry makes use of tapes for packaging products. Furthermore, increase in trend of online shopping in developing economies, is boosting the demand for retail e-commerce packaging, which in turn, requires adhesive tapes for packaging purpose.
- One of the major drivers of the rubber adhesive tapes market is the expansion of automotive industry. In this industry, tapes having adhesive properties are mainly used in the form of double-sided tapes and protection tapes. Automotive manufacturers are moving from mechanical fasteners to automotive tapes with adhesive properties to reduce weight of vehicles. Since mechanical fasteners, such as bolts and screws, increase weight of the vehicles, these products are increasingly being substituted by lightweight adhesive solutions. Thus, increase in adoption of adhesive tapes in automobile industry is expected to boost the rubber adhesive tapes market.
Different Types of Rubber Adhesive Tapes
- Two main categories of rubber adhesive tapes are natural rubber and synthetic rubber. Natural rubber adhesive tapes have generally have a high molecular weight with long polymer chains. They typically adhere to substrates and exhibit clean removability and good shear, but poor temperature resistance and ageing properties.
- Synthetic rubber adhesive tapes are often referred to as ‘hot melt adhesive’. Synthetic rubber adhesives are thermoplastics with a low molecular weight, or short polymer chains. They are more customizable than natural rubber adhesives for greater adhesion with more tack and temperature/UV ageing resistance. Synthetic rubber can be segmented into three subgroups: Hot Melt, Solvent, and Butyl rubber.
- Hot melt is a low-temperature melting plastic, which makes this adhesive have low temperature resistance. Furthermore, it ages poorly (becoming brittle) and has low UV resistance. This rubber is used for low- to medium-duty carton sealing, low-temperature splicing as well as paper core starting applications.
- Solvent rubber-based adhesives have better temperature and aging performance but still poor UV resistance. They are used for electrical and foam tapes.
- Butyl rubber-based tapes have excellent UV and aging resistance but lower mechanical strength. These tapes are used in foam tape applications and construction and plumbing applications such as pipe joints.
Restraints of Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market
- Volatile prices of raw materials are acting as a restraint of the rubber adhesive tapes market. Natural rubber, which is a petroleum-based derivative, is one of the basic raw materials in the manufacture of rubber adhesive tapes. Thus, it is vulnerable to fluctuations in commodity prices. This acts as a restraint of the global rubber adhesive tapes market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market
- In terms of region, the global rubber adhesive tapes market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The adhesive tapes market in the Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Rise in demand for adhesive tapes from countries, such as India, China, South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, and Singapore, is projected to drive the adhesive tapes market in the Asia Pacific region. China is expected to lead the demand for adhesive tapes in the Asia Pacific region.
- The rubber adhesive tapes market in Europe is led by Germany, France, and the U.K. The market in the region is primarily driven by increase in demand from the building & construction industry in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market
The global rubber adhesive tapes market is fragmented, with market players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. These players offer a complete portfolio of products and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global rubber adhesive tapes market include:
- Swabs Tapes India Private Limited
- MBK Tape Solutions
- PPM Industries SpA
- Godson Tapes Pvt. Limited
- 3A Associates Incorporated
- 3M Company
- Tesa SE
- Intertape Polymer Group, Inc.
Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market: Research Scope
Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market, by Type
- Hot Melt
- Butyl rubber
Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market, by Application
- Electrical & electronics
Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.