Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market: Introduction
- Rubber adhesive tapes are typically used for indoor applications with low stress requirements. They generally adhere well to low surface energy substrates, and can be formulated for excellent removability. Rubber adhesives are generally found on masking tapes, carton sealing tapes, duct tapes, and lament tapes. Rubber adhesives are not tacky by nature, so it is necessary to add tackier resins to create the adhesive.
- Rubber adhesive tapes are majorly used in hot melt applications. Rubber possesses characteristics, such as high tack and peel strength, due to its ability to adhere well to several non-polar, low-energy surfaces, including polyethylene and polypropylene. These tapes possess high peel strength, versatility in a formulation, and good electrical and thermal insulation properties. The cost of rubber-based adhesive tapes is very low as compared to silicone- and acrylic-based adhesive tapes.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market
- On the basis of application, rubber adhesive tapes can be classified into packaging, healthcare, electrical & electronics, automotive, and others. Packaging is the most dominant segment of the rubber adhesive tapes market. Increase in demand for adhesive tapes in food and non-food packaging is a major driver of the market.
- Packaging was a major end-use segment in the global adhesive tapes market in 2018. This can be attributed to the fact that almost every industry makes use of tapes for packaging products. Furthermore, increase in trend of online shopping in developing economies, is boosting the demand for retail e-commerce packaging, which in turn, requires adhesive tapes for packaging purpose.
- One of the major drivers of the rubber adhesive tapes market is the expansion of automotive industry. In this industry, tapes having adhesive properties are mainly used in the form of double-sided tapes and protection tapes. Automotive manufacturers are moving from mechanical fasteners to automotive tapes with adhesive properties to reduce weight of vehicles. Since mechanical fasteners, such as bolts and screws, increase weight of the vehicles, these products are increasingly being substituted by lightweight adhesive solutions. Thus, increase in adoption of adhesive tapes in automobile industry is expected to boost the rubber adhesive tapes market.
Different Types of Rubber Adhesive Tapes
- Two main categories of rubber adhesive tapes are natural rubber and synthetic rubber. Natural rubber adhesive tapes have generally have a high molecular weight with long polymer chains. They typically adhere to substrates and exhibit clean removability and good shear, but poor temperature resistance and ageing properties.
- Synthetic rubber adhesive tapes are often referred to as ‘hot melt adhesive’. Synthetic rubber adhesives are thermoplastics with a low molecular weight, or short polymer chains. They are more customizable than natural rubber adhesives for greater adhesion with more tack and temperature/UV ageing resistance. Synthetic rubber can be segmented into three subgroups: Hot Melt, Solvent, and Butyl rubber.
- Hot melt is a low-temperature melting plastic, which makes this adhesive have low temperature resistance. Furthermore, it ages poorly (becoming brittle) and has low UV resistance. This rubber is used for low- to medium-duty carton sealing, low-temperature splicing as well as paper core starting applications.
- Solvent rubber-based adhesives have better temperature and aging performance but still poor UV resistance. They are used for electrical and foam tapes.
- Butyl rubber-based tapes have excellent UV and aging resistance but lower mechanical strength. These tapes are used in foam tape applications and construction and plumbing applications such as pipe joints.
Restraints of Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market
- Volatile prices of raw materials are acting as a restraint of the rubber adhesive tapes market. Natural rubber, which is a petroleum-based derivative, is one of the basic raw materials in the manufacture of rubber adhesive tapes. Thus, it is vulnerable to fluctuations in commodity prices. This acts as a restraint of the global rubber adhesive tapes market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market
- In terms of region, the global rubber adhesive tapes market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The adhesive tapes market in the Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Rise in demand for adhesive tapes from countries, such as India, China, South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, and Singapore, is projected to drive the adhesive tapes market in the Asia Pacific region. China is expected to lead the demand for adhesive tapes in the Asia Pacific region.
- The rubber adhesive tapes market in Europe is led by Germany, France, and the U.K. The market in the region is primarily driven by increase in demand from the building & construction industry in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market
The global rubber adhesive tapes market is fragmented, with market players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. These players offer a complete portfolio of products and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global rubber adhesive tapes market include:
- Swabs Tapes India Private Limited
- MBK Tape Solutions
- PPM Industries SpA
- Godson Tapes Pvt. Limited
- 3A Associates Incorporated
- 3M Company
- Tesa SE
- Intertape Polymer Group, Inc.
Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market: Research Scope
Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market, by Type
- Hot Melt
- Butyl rubber
Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market, by Application
- Electrical & electronics
Global Rubber Adhesive Tapes Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.