Root Canal Irrigator Market: Introduction
- Irrigation is a key part of a successful root canal treatment. Root canal irrigants have important functions, which could vary according to the irrigant used. It reduces friction between the instrument and dentine, improves the cutting effectiveness of the files, dissolves tissue, cools the file and tooth, and has a washing effect and an antimicrobial/antibiofilm effect. The irrigators are the medium to reach out those areas of the root canal wall not touched by mechanical instrumentation.
- In order to effectively clean and disinfect the root canal system, an irrigant should be able to disinfect and penetrate dentin and its tubules, offer long-term antibacterial effect (substantivity), remove the smear layer, and be nonantigenic, nontoxic, and noncarcinogenic. Additionally, it should have no adverse effects on dentin or the sealing ability of filling materials. Moreover, it should be relatively inexpensive, convenient to apply, and cause no tooth discoloration. Other desirable properties of an ideal irrigant include the ability to dissolve pulp tissue and inactivate endotoxins.
- Irrigants currently used during cleaning and shaping can be divided into antibacterial and decalcifying agents or their combinations
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Root Canal Irrigator Market
- Tooth cavity is the major reason for root canal procedure. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than half (57%) of the adolescents aged 12 to 19 have had a cavity in their permanent teeth and about 90% adults aged 20 and older have had at least one cavity. The factor is expected to fuel the demand for root canal irrigators across the globe.
- High cost of root canal is likely to hamper the growth of the root canal irrigator market in developed regions such as North America and Europe. Several dental insurance policies at least partially cover endodontic treatment.
- Rise in demand for root canal irrigators due to increase in global population, which is more prone to root canal due to high use of fatty and starch-rich diets and fast foods present significant opportunities in the global market. Greater emphasis on restorative dental procedures and rise in safety and success of root canal treatment are expected to boost the growth of the global root canal irrigator market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Root Canal Irrigator Market
- North America accounted for major share of the global root canal irrigator market in 2020. According to the American Association of Endodontists (AAE), 25 million root canals are performed globally each year and an average 41,000 root canals are performed each day. Hence, at least 287,000 root canal procedures are completed during a week. The assurance of safe root canal procedures among patients leads to more people opting for the procedure in the region. These factors are likely to contribute to the growth of the root canal irrigator market in North America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. China and India are anticipated to lead the market in the region in the next few years due to the fast-growing health care sector and large unmet needs. Countries in Southeast Asia such as China, India, and Japan are expected to contribute to the growth of the market in Asia Pacific. Expansion of the health care industry in Asia Pacific is likely to drive the root canal irrigator market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Root Canal Irrigator Market
The global root canal irrigator market is highly consolidated due to the presence of small number of key players. These players hold a major share in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global root canal irrigator market are:
- Dental Nanotechnology
- DENTSPLY International
- DURR DENTAL
- Hawkins, Inc.
- Olin Chlor Alkali
- Tessenderlo Group
- Vista Dental Products
Global Root Canal Irrigator Market: Research Scope
Global Root Canal Irrigator Market, by Chemical Type
- Sodium Hypochlorite (NaOCl)
- Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid (EDTA)
Global Root Canal Irrigator Market, by End-user
- Oral Hospitals
- Oral Clinics
- General Hospitals
Global Root Canal Irrigator Market: by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.