Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market: Introduction
- Robotic surgical simulation is a computer-based technology to simulate numerous surgical procedures for the purpose of training health care professionals without the requirement of a subject
- This procedure is carried out in order to reduce or prevent errors by medical professionals. As per the data published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information in May 2019, approximately 400,000 inpatient each year experience some type of medical error, which makes it the third leading cause of death in the world. In 2013, based on studies it was estimated that 210,000 to 440,000 deaths per year occur due to medical errors.
- Launch of new technology-based products is fueling robotic surgery simulation systems market growth. In December 2017, VirtaMed AG launched ArthroS Ankle, a VR simulator for ankle arthroscopy. The product includes features, such as adapted original tools, authentic haptic feedback through life-like anatomic ankle model, realistic VR graphics, and a customizable course structure for proficiency-based learning.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market
- With rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, the number of surgeries performed globally has also increased. According to the data published by the World Health Organization, in 2015, 3,064 surgical procedures per 100,000 population were performed in Central Asian countries.
- Demand for robotic surgeries is also fueling global robotic surgery simulation systems market growth. Over 20 years, da Vinci robotic platform of Intuitive Surgical has performed more than 5 million surgeries globally. This can be attributed to the increase in the adoption of minimally invasive surgeries. Thus, the growing number of surgical procedures is resulting in high demand for simulation products and services to help reduce medical errors, which, in turn, is boosting the growth of the global robotic surgical simulation systems market.
- Factor restraining the expansion of the global robotic surgery simulation systems market is budgetary constraints. The cost of model range from US$ 80,000 to US$ 137,000 (da Vinci Skills Simulator; Intuitive Surgical Inc.). This also varies with the purchase of additional software with supplementary exercises for training. Thus, high cost hampers robotic surgery simulation systems market growth.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on products & services, the global robotic surgery simulation systems market can be segmented into model-based simulation, web-based simulation, and simulation training services
- Model-based simulation products & services segment accounted for the highest share of the robotic surgery simulation systems market in 2018. This segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period. This dominance can be ascribed to numerous advantages offered by model-based simulation over traditional learning as well as increase in demand for minimally invasive treatments and focus on patient safety.
Commercial Simulation Center Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of end-user, the global robotic surgery simulation systems market can be divided into: hospitals, surgical centers, commercial simulation centers, and others
- Commercial simulation centers segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the increase in demand for educational training programs in research institutes and simulation centers to enhance clinical performance.
- Various market players are also collaborating with medical institutions and simulation centers to provide educational services to health care professionals to help them enhance their surgical skills
North America to Dominate Global Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global robotic surgery simulation systems market can be categorized into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global robotic surgery simulation systems in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to the rise in demand for minimally invasive surgeries, increase in focus on patient safety, technological advancements, and established distribution channels.
- This market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in health care expenditure and improvements in health care facilities
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global robotic surgery simulation systems market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- CAE HEALTHCARE
- Surgical Science Sweden AB
- Simulab Corporation
- Limbs & Things LTD
- VirtaMed AG
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- Touch of Life Technologies Inc.
Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market: Research Scope
Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market, by Products & Services
- Model-based Simulation
- Web-based Simulation
- Simulation Training Services
Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market, by Surgery Type
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery
Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market, by End-user
- Surgical Centers
- Commercial Simulation Centers
Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.