Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market: Introduction
- Robotic surgical simulation is a computer-based technology to simulate numerous surgical procedures for the purpose of training health care professionals without the requirement of a subject
- This procedure is carried out in order to reduce or prevent errors by medical professionals. As per the data published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information in May 2019, approximately 400,000 inpatient each year experience some type of medical error, which makes it the third leading cause of death in the world. In 2013, based on studies it was estimated that 210,000 to 440,000 deaths per year occur due to medical errors.
- Launch of new technology-based products is fueling robotic surgery simulation systems market growth. In December 2017, VirtaMed AG launched ArthroS Ankle, a VR simulator for ankle arthroscopy. The product includes features, such as adapted original tools, authentic haptic feedback through life-like anatomic ankle model, realistic VR graphics, and a customizable course structure for proficiency-based learning.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market
- With rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, the number of surgeries performed globally has also increased. According to the data published by the World Health Organization, in 2015, 3,064 surgical procedures per 100,000 population were performed in Central Asian countries.
- Demand for robotic surgeries is also fueling global robotic surgery simulation systems market growth. Over 20 years, da Vinci robotic platform of Intuitive Surgical has performed more than 5 million surgeries globally. This can be attributed to the increase in the adoption of minimally invasive surgeries. Thus, the growing number of surgical procedures is resulting in high demand for simulation products and services to help reduce medical errors, which, in turn, is boosting the growth of the global robotic surgical simulation systems market.
- Factor restraining the expansion of the global robotic surgery simulation systems market is budgetary constraints. The cost of model range from US$ 80,000 to US$ 137,000 (da Vinci Skills Simulator; Intuitive Surgical Inc.). This also varies with the purchase of additional software with supplementary exercises for training. Thus, high cost hampers robotic surgery simulation systems market growth.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on products & services, the global robotic surgery simulation systems market can be segmented into model-based simulation, web-based simulation, and simulation training services
- Model-based simulation products & services segment accounted for the highest share of the robotic surgery simulation systems market in 2018. This segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period. This dominance can be ascribed to numerous advantages offered by model-based simulation over traditional learning as well as increase in demand for minimally invasive treatments and focus on patient safety.
Commercial Simulation Center Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of end-user, the global robotic surgery simulation systems market can be divided into: hospitals, surgical centers, commercial simulation centers, and others
- Commercial simulation centers segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the increase in demand for educational training programs in research institutes and simulation centers to enhance clinical performance.
- Various market players are also collaborating with medical institutions and simulation centers to provide educational services to health care professionals to help them enhance their surgical skills
North America to Dominate Global Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global robotic surgery simulation systems market can be categorized into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global robotic surgery simulation systems in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to the rise in demand for minimally invasive surgeries, increase in focus on patient safety, technological advancements, and established distribution channels.
- This market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in health care expenditure and improvements in health care facilities
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global robotic surgery simulation systems market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- CAE HEALTHCARE
- Surgical Science Sweden AB
- Simulab Corporation
- Limbs & Things LTD
- VirtaMed AG
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- Touch of Life Technologies Inc.
Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market: Research Scope
Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market, by Products & Services
- Model-based Simulation
- Web-based Simulation
- Simulation Training Services
Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market, by Surgery Type
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery
Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market, by End-user
- Surgical Centers
- Commercial Simulation Centers
Robotic Surgery Simulation Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.