RNA Sequencing Market: Introduction
- RNA-Seq is a sequencing technique that utilizes next-generation sequencing (NGS) to reveal the presence along with the quantity of RNA in a biological sample at a given moment, analyzing the continuously changing cellular transcriptome. RNA-Seq facilitates the capability to look at alternative gene spliced transcripts, gene fusion, mutations/SNPs, post-transcriptional modifications, and changes in gene expression over time, or differences in gene expression in different groups or treatments. Additionally, RNA-Seq could look at different populations of RNA to include small RNA, total RNA, such as tRNA, miRNA, and ribosomal profiling. RNA-Seq could also be utilized to determine exon/intron boundaries and to verify or amend previously annotated 5' and 3' gene boundaries.
- The RNA Sequencing market can be segmented based on type, technology, application, end-user, and region. Based on type, the market can be categorized into product, data analysis and management, sequencing platforms, and consumables & services. Based on end-user, the market can be split into hospitals and diagnostic centers, academic and research institutes, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and others. In terms of technology, the market can be segregated into sequencing by synthesis, single molecule real time sequencing, nanopore sequencing, and Ion semiconductor sequencing. Based on application, the RNA sequencing market can be split into expression profiling analysis, De Novo transcriptome assembly, small RNA sequencing, transcriptome analysis, and variant calling.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global RNA Sequencing Market
- Increase in demand for RNA sequencing platforms over traditional technologies is due to the fact that RNA-sequencing has higher sensitivity for genes expressed either at lower or very high level and higher dynamic range of expression levels over which transcripts could be detected (>8000-fold range). Furthermore, the capabilities of high-throughput sequencing methods to deliver insight into the transcriptome of a cell, as compared to previous conventional technologies, and recent advancement in the RNA-Sequencing workflow, from sample preparation to library construction to data analysis altogether plays as a RNA Sequencing are estimated to be major drivers of the market during the forecast period.
- Key challenges for the market are the requirement for highly skilled professionals, high initial capital investment on infrastructure, and the problems associated with storage of sequencing data. RNA-based mappings depend on cDNA synthesis, which poses a challenge in short-lived transcripts including primary microRNAs, the efficiency of which is dependent on RNA sequence and structure.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global RNA Sequencing Market
North America has dominated the RNA sequencing market and held a major share in 2020. The application of RNA Sequencing has been increasing considerably for the last few years due to an increase in research activities on cancer as well as inherited rare diseases. Furthermore, rising government support through funds for genomics research, rising cases of target diseases, advancements in RNA-Seq products, growing research on cancer & inherited rare diseases, and the strong presence of key players including Thermo Fisher (US), Illumina (US), and Agilent Technologies (US) are further boosting the RNA sequencing market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global RNA Sequencing Market
The global RNA sequencing market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global RNA sequencing market are:
- Thermo Fischer Scientific
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Illumina, Tecan Genomics Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Sigma Aldrich
- Eurofins Scientific
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies
Global RNA Sequencing Market: Research Scope
Global RNA Sequencing Market, by Type
- Data Analysis and Management
- Sequencing Platforms and Consumables
Global RNA Sequencing Market, by Technology
- Sequencing by Synthesis
- Single Molecule Real Time Sequencing
- Nanopore Sequencing
- Ion Semiconductor Sequencing
Global RNA Sequencing Market, by Application
- Expression Profiling Analysis
- De Novo Transcriptome Assembly
- Small RNA Sequencing
- Transcriptome Analysis
- Variant Calling
Global RNA Sequencing Market, by End-user
- Hospitals and Diagnostic Centers
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Global RNA Sequencing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.