Ring Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV): Introduction
- Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) is an electronic component required for protection in power supply circuits that are powered directly from AC mains. It helps protect the circuit from high voltage surges by varying its resistance, which improves the performance of the circuit.
- Ring metal oxide varistor is a kind of resistor that is sensitive to voltage and varies with respect to voltage, over a wide range of current and voltage
- The resistor body data of the ring varistor is made of semiconductor; hence, it is a semiconductor resistor. “Zinc oxide” (ZnO) ring-shaped varistors are widely used, as they are built using a divalent element (Zn) and a hexavalent element (O).
- Ring metal oxide varistor is simply a variable resistor, as it can change its resistance according to the applied voltage, i.e., if the voltage across the varistor increases, the resistance decreases. This feature is required to protect the circuits from high voltage spikes. Therefore, ring metal oxide varistors are preferred in electronic networks for surge protection.
Rise in Demand for Ring Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) Globally
- The ring metal oxide varistor is extensively utilized as a motor noise solution in various devices such as windshield wipers, power windows, and power seats in automobiles. It is connected to a commutator of a DC motor and works as a surge protection device by absorbing and reducing the noise and preventing the spark.
- The ring metal oxide varistor (MOV) is primarily used as a voltage clamping device, and it can be employed for various voltage and current ranges. It is useful in absorbing short-term voltage transients having high energy handling capability.
- The ring MOV is essential for over-voltage protection, line to line protection, arching protection, switching protection and voltage spike protection, which in turn is fueling the global ring metal oxide varistor (MOV) market
North America to Lead Global Ring Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) Market
- North America is expected to dominate the global ring metal oxide varistor (MOV) market due to a rise in the rate of adoption of IoT connected devices that requires ring metal oxide varistor; on the other hand, the large presence of different local manufacturers in North America is further fueling the ring metal oxide varistor (MOV) market
- Rapid expansion of the electronics and communication industries in Asia Pacific is boosting the demand for ring MOVs, which are extensively utilized in various applications in the electronic and communication industries to protect the circuit and its components
- Rise in demand for IT hardware in East Asia and South Asia and the Pacific is also boosting the ring metal oxide varistor (MOV) market in the region, which is creating significant opportunities for market players in these regions to boost their manufacturing capacity
Key Players of Global Ring Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) Market
- MEIDENSHA Corporation
- TOSHIBA Corporation
- ABB Ltd.
- MacLean Power Systems
- OTOWA Electric
- SIEMENS AG
- Semitec Corporation
- Kestar Electronic
- Sinochip Electronics
Global Ring Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) Market: Research Scope
Global Ring Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) Market, by Product Type
- Low Voltage Metal Oxide Varistor
- High Voltage - Medium Voltage Metal Oxide Varistor
Global Ring Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Home Appliance
- Industrial Equipment
- Gas and Petroleum
Global Ring Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.